• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    For those that OC, what is your reason? You certainly do open yourself up for a hassle when you do, so is it because it is your right and you are exercising it? Or are you attempting to end some kind of trouble before it begins?

Fair question. I do both but prefer to OC. I don't have any real agenda to OCing. It's what I'm comfortable with and just how I roll.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Personally, I am comfortable with OC, in the right context. I say that because I'm a little touchy about a few necessary (as far as I'm concerned) precautions that I always take. The first is proximity -- I have no intention of carrying openly around more people than I can watch in one view, especially in close enough proximity to potentially get a hand on my weapon. I'm not a fan of holsters that require a secret handshake in order to retrieve my weapon, especially as uncoordinated as I'm likely to be should I decide I need it right then. Secondly, while I'm sure most if not all of us are perfectly comfortable around OC, there are still a lot of people that aren't, and some of them are folks I don't want to upset; older folks, for example. I have a God-given right to occasional flatulence, too, but I don't feel I have to "use it or lose it" in public.

A third reason I don't necessarily care for OC in close proximity to others is that I'm a HUGE fan of the element of surprise. If it's going to go badly, I want whoever I have to shoot at to get where they're headed saying, "What just happened?!" I want to be the biggest surprise in the room, if you know what I mean.

When I'm on my land doing stuff, or at home and in the yard, or of course if there's some sort of civil emergency, I'm fine with OC in those instances. But I wouldn't put it past me to have another surprise or two hidden somewhere else. I know, I've seen me do it. :D That said, I certainly and vehemently support OC in all its forms and it doesn't bother me a bit to see it. In fact, it's amusing to see the gun-haters cringe and grimace at it. Besides, it helps the bad guys tell us from the sheep.

Specialized

Top Bottom