• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Anybody local carry a quality hex key wrench set that is a permanent T-handle style? Trying to find 1/16" but would like to have 1/16-1/4".
    Ran into an issue putting a plastic Magpul trigger guard on that uses a 1/16" hex to install the rear set screw. I had to borrow one to put it in and that is unacceptable. I can easily find a regular hex key but trying to find it in a t-handle isn't as easy it seems. Harbor Freight had a set with one but the handle is made to install a hex key in and it appears to be low quality.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I think its the same thing with all tools these days. Either pay a low price for low quality, made in china junk at HF, or pay a higher price for the same low quality, made in china junk, everywhere else. Or buy from a tool truck, pay out the ass, but maybe get a good quality tool, maybe still made in china junk.

I see people all the time, when Im working in their homes, and they have kobalt, husky, craftsman, or one of the other BIG BRANDS, usually all layed out pretty, and on display, with a toolbox of the same name. If you whip out your Harbor Freight tool, they will talk about it all being Chinese made junk. The problem is, so is their ****, they just payed more for it.

Hell even snap-on and MAC have stuff made in china.

Thats what happens when you allow a bunch of idiots to sell your country out.

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'll pay for quality but I also agree I don't wanna overpay for Chinese crap. There's a few things in life I refuse to go cheap on;razors and tools are a couple of them. You guy cheap and ultimately pay the price. Gotta research and do the homework to find the quality. Unfortunately I can find more info on razors than hex keys. Used to be Allen was the go-to brand but I think it's all overseas made now. I no longer see the tool trucks, but have a couple of buddies still in the field. May give them a shout to see what they can find out as well.

Thanks for the replies.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Sears sells a good set with the T-handles.
    Guess ill go check out Sears, too. Just not one in my neck of the woods anymore. Guess I'll be heading to Castleton. Home Depot and Lowes sites show sets, but don't list sizes (not helpful). No worries, I've got time right now. One is together and the others will have to wait anyways.

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I like a brand of T-handle hex wrenches called "Chesco" I think they are owned by Irwin now so I don't know if the quality has changed since I got mine.

Bondhus also makes good hex wrenches. Get them at use-enco.com or mscdirect.com

Wiha probably makes the best if you want to pay for them.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Fry's in Fishers carries Bondhus made in USA allen wrench sets, both in fraction and metric, standard and ball head.

Mernard's stores have Eklind brand ones.

as for T-handle's, Grainger has Proto.

all are top notch tools, no import junk.

if you want the really good hex sockets, try Snap On.

Top Bottom