• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Just wanted to say hi. I'm not from Indiana, but found this site while doing some research on Ciener 1911 conversions. Found it to be helpful, and figured I would sign up and add my .02 when and where I can to pay it forward/back...
    Col

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Well, I guess I won't be helping anyone out tonight... since I can't post in others' threads just quite yet. Have to say, these restrictions until x amount of posts just don't make a whole lot of sense to me. You want me to participate and contribute to the forum, but then I can't post in others' threads... seems a bit counter-intuitive, not? :ugh:
    "Slightly Discouraged Newbie" Col

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The rules say you can't post in the welcome threads of others until you hit 50 yourself. It's to keep people from circumventing the 50 quality posts rule to use the classifieds.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome. At the bottom of the page you will see a narrow dark OD Green (almost) box. The burgundy stripe above it says Quick Reply. Type in the OD Green Box and when finished hit the Post Quick Reply button to the lower left. That's it. Easy Piezzy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I tried to post in another welcome thread and can't for the life of me find where to type or what to click to post...

As a newbie you cant really post one liner posts such as just saying "welcome!" in such thread.That's why they probably dont let you post in there.Also most of your posts will be deleted and your post count will go down if you're only trying to post to gain access to the classified.
    You need over 50 "quality posts" to get there.Mods will judge the posts and remove the one liners.

Dont get discouraged if you lose some posts.

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Thanks for the advice Sylvain, I didn't know that one liners would be deemed as not quality posts. I just been posting as thoughts come, and back an forth as in conversation. Guess that's just how I thought this forum stuff worked. I will do better to make my posts a bit more winded in the future. :D Sadly though, for now, I have to go. Just got the call from El Hefe... and he says my truck will be ready to leave the dock in one hour. Thanks again everyone for the welcomes and help with my posting crisis. Talk again later.
    Col

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom