• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just subscribed today but I've read quite a few threads on here. Seems to be a good community. Hopefully I can add to it in any way.
    Just a little about me: I'm a former Marine (reservist....I know), been around guns since I was 6, I'm married with 2 kids and one on the way, and I just got my license to carry a few months ago.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I don't really consider myself a "vet". I was a reservist and never saw combat. When I think of vets it's the guys (or girls) who actually did something and I don't want to pretend or take anything away from them. Some gave all. All gave some.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think if you raised your hand to serve and did what was asked of you it's irrelevant. If they didn't send you downrange that's just timing.

For instance, I'm a Viet Nam era vet but not a vet of Viet Nam. They sent me to fight the good war, the Cold War, holding back the Soviet hordes from the banks of the Rhine with a glass of wine. Entirely not my fault...though I was armor at the time and that arm saw limited use during the VN War.

I get the same feeling though when people ask if I'm one of those guys...well, yes and no. Because you did not go does not denigrate your service, but it's good of you to want to do the honorable thing and comment on that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I think it makes it worse that I was Infantry reserve. So we trained for the fight that never came. But anyways I don't wanna hijack the thread and make it all melancholy. Thanks to everybody who's welcomed me. It's nice to see there are other "gun nuts" in indy.:ar15:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom