• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I have one of my business cell phones that has died. AT&T won't cover it, and I won't buy one from them at full price. Are there any reliable online stores (or local brick & mortar stores) that have reasonably priced cell phones that will work with an AT&T SIM card?

...And, yes, I know how to use Google. I'm looking for first hand experience - a place you have bought from and would do so again.

Thanks. :ingo:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If you have one of AT&T's 2 year plans like most are, and your phone is out of warrantee but you can't get a new program discount, call AT&T. They have what they call an out of warrantee exchange where you can get a new phone for slightly more than the discounted price they charge when you sign a new contract.

My daughter's phone died about 14 months into the 24 month contract, and was 2 months out of warrantee. The AT&T store she went into wanted to sell her a replacement at full price. A call to AT&T confirmed that the stores are independantly owned and operated, and have no access to warrantee issues. The rep from AT&T sent my daughter a replacement phone, and a box to return the broken one. The replacement cost was only about $20 more than the same phone would have been if we took out a new contract and got the phone at the contract price.

Still makes you sick that they try to charge hundreds for a throw away phone that only costs a few dollars to build.

Good luck.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    If you have one of AT&T's 2 year plans like most are, and your phone is out of warrantee but you can't get a new program discount, call AT&T. They have what they call an out of warrantee exchange where you can get a new phone for slightly more than the discounted price they charge when you sign a new contract.

My daughter's phone died about 14 months into the 24 month contract, and was 2 months out of warrantee. The AT&T store she went into wanted to sell her a replacement at full price. A call to AT&T confirmed that the stores are independantly owned and operated, and have no access to warrantee issues. The rep from AT&T sent my daughter a replacement phone, and a box to return the broken one. The replacement cost was only about $20 more than the same phone would have been if we took out a new contract and got the phone at the contract price.

Still makes you sick that they try to charge hundreds for a throw away phone that only costs a few dollars to build.

Good luck.

I know for a fact this is true. Cause it happened to me a few years ago with my razor. I will def try this first.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my wife manages for AT&T I'll ask her if she can do anything for you. if not the absolute cheapest option is to buy a go phone at wal-mart for $20 and pop your sim card in it. plus if you throw enough of a fit they will give you anything you want.(I know this to be true I hear 2-3 stories a day about it)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom