• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After seeing cruiser after cruiser after cruiser screaming across town, I turned on the scanner app to hear some of what was going on over at the old Central State facility. I heard a call for a "Gun Liason". What the heck is that?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    After seeing cruiser after cruiser after cruiser screaming across town, I turned on the scanner app to hear some of what was going on over at the old Central State facility. I heard a call for a "Gun Liason". What the heck is that?
    Just saw on the news police action shooting, 4 knuckleheads were airsofting, or bob gun fighting and the responding officers fired shots, someone ran and SWAT was called! Sorry don't know what the liaison is, but probably something to do with officer involved shooting?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just saw on the news police action shooting, 4 knuckleheads were airsofting, or bob gun fighting and the responding officers fired shots, someone ran and SWAT was called! Sorry don't know what the liaison is, but probably something to do with officer involved shooting?

Wow that blows!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Don't point Airsoft guns at the police.

Thread jack... (doesn't warrant its own thread)

Is it required to have proof of insurance at the time of a traffic stop in Indiana? I've been stopped probably a dozen times in the 20 years I've been driving and never been asked for it. My wife was just stopped for the first time ever a few minutes ago and told she needed to provide proof of insurance. She had to bring it up on her phone. We're paperless and progressive doesn't send cards or anything anymore.

/threadjack

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Is it required to have proof of insurance at the time of a traffic stop in Indiana? I've been stopped probably a dozen times in the 20 years I've been driving and never been asked for it. My wife was just stopped for the first time ever a few minutes ago and told she needed to provide proof of insurance. She had to bring it up on her phone. We're paperless and progressive doesn't send cards or anything anymore.

/threadjack

I say no, and I never ask for it during traffic stops. I ask for it when working crashes. I would have to look up the statute to give you a definitive answer.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm a gun liaison. Just like Frank said, we go to scenes where a gun needs to be recovered. We take photos, lift prints, collect DNA, recover casings and even take statements from the suspects. We have realized a fair amount of success putting cases on folks and getting them successfully prosecuted.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie

/threadjack

The've asked me for it before a few times, and that always seems to be the day I can't find it, but when I say I have no idea where it is, they never say anymore about it. I'm usually really good at getting out of tickets because I usually just tell them through the window as they are walking up that I'm sorry for speeding or whatever and I f-ed up. Then they're usually pretty cool and just give me a warning. So far this probably has at least an 80% of getting me out of a ticket.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm a gun liaison. Just like Frank said, we go to scenes where a gun needs to be recovered. We take photos, lift prints, collect DNA, recover casings and even take statements from the suspects. We have realized a fair amount of success putting cases on folks and getting them successfully prosecuted.
    Why do you hate the Second Amendment?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The've asked me for it before a few times, and that always seems to be the day I can't find it, but when I say I have no idea where it is, they never say anymore about it. I'm usually really good at getting out of tickets because I usually just tell them through the window as they are walking up that I'm sorry for speeding or whatever and I f-ed up. Then they're usually pretty cool and just give me a warning. So far this probably has at least an 80% of getting me out of a ticket.

You don't keep it in a baggie to hang out the window while screaming, "Am I being detained?" I heard cops prefer that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And here I thought that a "Gun Liaison" was when a couple of INGO members had a FTF sale...and maybe a little something extra.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I heard a call for a "Gun Liason". What the heck is that?

Well, little monkey, when 2 guns love each other very much, they share a very special hug. Some time later, if their really lucky, they get a special gift.

If they aren't married or don't love each other when they hug, they end up with a Hipoint.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

/threadjack

Wife was in an accident a couple years ago. She had the insurance card and the declaration sheet but the LEO didn't even look at them. I asked a friend that is an officer about it. He basically said that you have a period of time ( don't remember how long ) to prove that you are insured...possibly related to filling out accident report. I have never been ask about insurance during an ordinary traffic stop ( 2 or 3 total ).

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    who would hide out in central state? :runaway:

Hey I've been to central state with IGT it was pretty cool their to walk around and look through the empty buildings. And I can see how it would look like a free air soft or paintball ground to some. For a little cheep / free recreation to bad its under DNR jurisdiction now

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hey I've been to central state with IGT it was pretty cool their to walk around and look through the empty buildings. And I can see how it would look like a free air soft or paintball ground to some. For a little cheep / free recreation to bad its under DNR jurisdiction now
    Indianapolis own's all of it since 2003 when they bought it from the State.

Top Bottom