• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I been wanting a Staccato P for a while, I should bought it long time ago but spent more money not buying it than if I bought it the moment I wanted one. Well the day came yesterday while visiting Indiana gun club, came home with me and had the perfect father's day by taking my son with me to try the Staccato P, he liked it and shot very well with it and that alone made yesterday a great day and worth every penny this purchase. I won't ever forget yesterday and looking forward to enjoy shooting the P for many years.

Attachments

• 20220619_211856.jpg
      20220619_211856.jpg
      422.5 KB · Views: 36

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am banned from IGC. My wife's internal instinct clicks in when I tell her I am riding my bike to Indy. She tells me another one follows me home from there just to keep in riding...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the 2011 club, your membership material will arrive in a week or so :abused: . I really like the threaded and DLC'ed barrel I wish that was an option when I got mine (but I have an STI serial number so kinda cool?)

What optic are you going to put on it?

J68rmsr.jpg

Obligatory picture

Just to add to it, this was my "it's just as good as a 2011 gun", though I do love my TSO and still shoot it pretty frequently

QdahSBi.jpg

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Congrats!!! Welcome to the 2011 club, your membership material will arrive in a week or so :abused: . I really like the threaded and DLC'ed barrel I wish that was an option when I got mine (but I have an STI serial number so kinda cool?)

J68rmsr.jpg

Obligatory picture

Just to add to it, this was my "it's just as good as a 2011 gun", though I do love my TSO and still shoot it pretty frequently

QdahSBi.jpg

Both of your handguns are great, I have a Holosun 508T that I want to install.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

J68rmsr.jpg

Obligatory picture

QdahSBi.jpg

What magazines should I get, 20rd or 17?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What magazines should I get, 20rd or 17?

I find myself using the 20's at the range the most and using the 17's for when I actually carry the gun. I have two dedicated magazines for carry (a 17 and a 20). Then I have 8 extra range mags and they are a mix of both , with the 20's definitely showing the most wear. Could just be my OCD however and 20 being a nice even number.

Basically 17's for carry and 20's for spare and range mags. I have had absolutely zero issues with any of my Gen 2 magazines and have heard nothing but good things about the gen 3's. Also I recommend cleaning the magazines every 500 rounds or so, they get dirty and can cause a malfunction.

KyuMQXt.jpg

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I find myself using the 20's at the range the most and using the 17's for when I actually carry the gun. I have two dedicated magazines for carry (a 17 and a 20). Then I have 8 extra range mags and they are a mix of both , with the 20's definitely showing the most wear. Could just be my OCD however and 20 being a nice even number.

Basically 17's for carry and 20's for spare and range mags. I have had absolutely zero issues with any of my Gen 2 magazines and have heard nothing but good things about the gen 3's. Also I recommend cleaning the magazines every 500 rounds or so, they get dirty and can cause a malfunction.

KyuMQXt.jpg
    I have not had to clean mine yet, but have vetted them all and have had no reliability issues. I did get some 17s and 20s and to use in my C2 I put 10-8 basepads on to stop damage from over insertion.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have not had to clean mine yet, but have vetted them all and have had no reliability issues. I did get some 17s and 20s and to use in my C2 I put 10-8 basepads on to stop damage from over insertion.

Question do you have the black Teflon coated mags or the polished stainless? I am wondering if the black mags attracted dirt and dust more so that's why they were discontinued.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Question do you have the black Teflon coated mags or the polished stainless? I am wondering if the black mags attracted dirt and dust more so that's why they were discontinued.
    I have both. I am sure I will have to clean them eventually I just don't have a ton of rounds on it yet as I was shooting mostly my Q5 all spring to get ready for competition. Just now started getting some serious rounds down range with the C2 and will be doing the Lee Weems class with it this weekend. I will have a better idea after that.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ^^^

Cannot say I blame you there, my Q4 is definitely my second favorite pistol to shoot (the P being first). Walther is definitely very under rated IMHO.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Nice Staccato. I picked this one up last week. Leaning toward the Holosun 509T.
    Nice, I'm jealous of your grip. the shop had one like yours but I thought day1 too long and by the time I got there they have sold it, so now I have to fork out $200.00 plus to get the grip done .

Top Bottom