• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hello every one. Have a quick question on Indiana hi cap magazines. I recently purchased a 100 rd ar drum online. I got a response saying they could not ship to Indiana unless I was an active law enforcement officer. What is the law! And when did this happen maybe ive just been in the dark.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Ive never heard that. High capacity mags are sold everywhere here. I ordered my 100 drum for my AR from sportsmans guide no problem.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    here is a copy of the email i got

Dear ___________,
    We thank you for your purchase.

Unfortunately we are unable to ship high capacity magazines within your state unless you are an active law enforcement officer. Please email a copy of your law enforcement ID so we may process the shipment of your order.
    Be advised that these magazines are in limited quantity and we need a response in less than seven days before your order gets canceled.

If you do not meet the criteria, we will be unable to ship your order and it will be canceled immediately.
    P.S-Please contact us at your earliest convenience to verify the information.
    Have a great day,
    Customer Service
    (888) 344-5145
    Fax: 323/ 443-3997
    Email: cs@botach.com

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    on a side note its kinda funny this happend. i have no use for a 100rd drum but i thought in case they outlaw them or the value on them get so hi. i had better get 1 just in case. now this happens i guess fate i've had bad luck with my last few purchases for some reason.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    a. I wish gun knowledgeable people would stop using this "hi capacity" language. It just reinforces bad thinking. Most of the time people are just referring to standard capacity magazines.

b. There are no such capacity related laws in IN.

c. Botach isn't someplace I'd shop anyway - too many horror stories. Look elsewhere.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There's no limit in IN; South Bend had one, but it's superseded by state law now, although it's still listed by some vendors. There may be other localities as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought maybe the OP might have mistakenly hit "IL" instead of "IN" in the drop-down menu for State if he was filling out his mailing address... :):

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I ordered some 30-round PMags from Botach a couple weeks ago, and received the exact same email. I did a web-chat with one of their CSR's and explained that there was no such ban. She told me she'd get back to me and I got an email a day or two later stating that they were mistaken and my order was being sent to the shipping department. I got a tracking number the next day.

I've heard all of the Botach stories, but I think they've gotten their act together (at least more together) in the last couple of years and the 3-4 orders I've placed with them have always been received as promised. They also have really good pricing on some stuff, especially Magpul stuff as they almost always have a 15-20% off coupon code and of course free shipping.

Top Bottom