• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I recently bought a Hi Point carbine in 9mm. I paid 299 plus tax. It came with a folding front grip and one magazine.
    I took it out last weekend for the first time. I set up a 40 yard range. The accuracy was great for a 300 dollar gun. I was busting clay pigeons about half the shots. It was shooting a little high.
    I ran 80 rounds through it with no hiccups.
    For 300 bucks this is a great gun.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I had one in 9 mm as well, wish I still had it and plan to pick up another. Mine was very reliable and never had a single problem out of it with over 600 rounds.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If I could get over how UGLY they are and the fact that they take proprietary mags (with highly limited capacity), I'd seriously look into one. The few aftermarket stocks that you can buy for them are like putting lipstick on a pig. I don't need a gun uglier than I am when I go to the range.

I have, and have had for a while, a jonesing for a 9mm carbine.

I can't afford the $1000 for the Beretta (though I'd like one).

It's funny, though. I don't want to spend the money on the Beretta, but a 9mm AR SBR is something that I'm saving/hoping for. BUT, I can buy that piece-meal.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I've had mine for a little over a year now and I love it. The sites on mine were way off when I got it (NIB), but it dialed in nicely. I always take it with me when I shoot pistols at the range, and it's kind of addictive to chew out the center of the target at 25 yards, after my usual mediocre pistol work. I think I had one jam the first day I shot it, but none since. My kids got me two extra mags and the clip that holds the mags to the stock.

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    The old hi points were very ugly, but the newer TS models have a good look to them. I plan on ordering the 2 mags and clip as well.
    I'm also debating on a red dot or scope for it. Maybe get a flash light for it also.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    My roommate had one of the early ones with the fsctory red dot. I took it to the range and sighted it in for him, oh boy was that thing WAY off. Like try 2 feet right and a foot low @ 25 yds! Really fun gun to shoot and almost boringly accurate. IF someone made a hi cap aftermarket mag that ACTUALLY works, I would buy one. Until then I will stick with my Sub2k with glock sticks hanging way out underneath.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I could get over how UGLY they are and the fact that they take proprietary mags (with highly limited capacity), I'd seriously look into one. The few aftermarket stocks that you can buy for them are like putting lipstick on a pig. I don't need a gun uglier than I am when I go to the range.

It's funny, though. I don't want to spend the money on the Beretta, but a 9mm AR SBR is something that I'm saving/hoping for. BUT, I can buy that piece-meal.

The 45 caliber models can be modified to take 1911 mags. Granted it doesn't give you any more capacity, but at least the mags are cheaper.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The old hi points were very ugly, but the newer TS models have a good look to them. I plan on ordering the 2 mags and clip as well.
    I'm also debating on a red dot or scope for it. Maybe get a flash light for it also.

I agree... I don't think the newer ones are ugly. This is mine. I've got a cheap flashlight and the two mag holder on it now.

IMG_2547_zps9dc8b94c.jpg

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Where are you pricing CX-4 Storm carbines? More like $600-700:

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I just got one last week in on trade. It had been shot about 20 times. The friend of mine that bought it didn't really care for it so we did some swapping. I really like it but the only thing was I couldn't see the front sight but a dab of yellow paint fixed that. I never owned a highpoint til now but the warranty being covered to new owners should say something.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    We have one of the 9mm flavors. My sons like to shoot it, so we always take it to the range. We took off the rear sight and put a cheap red dot on it, fun to shoot for what it is an inexpensive 9mm carbine plinker for us. It's a pain to have to load the magazine due to low capacity, but ours goes bang when you pull the trigger and it is less expensive for the boys to shoot than the AR. It's a little heavy, but as deadeye says it's built like a tank.

We were watching an old planet of the apes movie one night and my oldest laughed at the ape guards using "hi-point 9mm carbines". Since the movie is way in the future (I think), they must have out lasted our AR.......

If you find one and want it, I don't think you'll be disapoinnted, as long as you remember what you paid and what it's capable of...
    Best,
    Wildcatfan.62

Top Bottom