• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    rangereport001.jpg

Well I know a lot of people on here may not care for Hi-Points but here is my range report.

I am not sure what the distance of the Pop Guns range but these were shot about half the distance of the range.
    The carbine is just as accurate at full range but I didn't take the target down before it got all shot up:D!
    bottom left target I was shooting a little limp so they kind of wandered on me.
    Had two guys shoot the pistol at the range and the where very impressed with the Hi-Point. Also if anyone ever wants to shoot my Hi-Points hit me up we'll go to the range.

I had ZERO issues with jamming or misfires. This was also the first time I have shot a handgun. I can't wait to go back.
    300zxjake

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Congrats, good shooting. Keep practicing and having fun.

And by the way, who gives a crap that its a Hi-Point as long as you are happy with it and it goes bang every time you pull the trigger.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have a HI Point .380 and have never had any problems. Factory ammo or reloads shoot great every time.

JD31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    Took my son's 995TS to the range last week. Put the 9mm rounds just where I aimed at 50 yards, and it fired every time. Who could ask for more?

A larger magazine capacity would be a great change to future models, but for the price and fun of shooting, it has been a nice addition to the safe.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Yeah I am actually trying to "manufacture" an extended mag right now I am kind of in the R&D stage. The best part is I can use all my mags in both guns!

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Took my son's 995TS to the range last week. Put the 9mm rounds just where I aimed at 50 yards, and it fired every time. Who could ask for more?

A larger magazine capacity would be a great change to future models, but for the price and fun of shooting, it has been a nice addition to the safe.

sounds like a good time was had...I can't wait to get my 995 and Mosin back out to the range! :yesway:

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I dont own any hi-points nor do i forsee my buying one, but that is just my choice. But ....... i know a few people that own them and they have very few if any problems with them. I think the big problem with them is they are cheap and quick choice for first time gun buyers. With lack of knowledge of handguns come lack of maintnence!!:rolleyes: And we all know how well dirty guns perform. now combine the dirtyness and not the best quality, (but not bad quality in my opinion) and there is the major bad image for them.:dunno:

ymmv
    viri

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I dont own any hi-points nor do i forsee my buying one, but that is just my choice. But ....... i know a few people that own them and they have very few if any problems with them. I think the big problem with them is they are cheap and quick choice for first time gun buyers. With lack of knowledge of handguns come lack of maintnence!!:rolleyes: And we all know how well dirty guns perform. now combine the dirtyness and not the best quality, (but not bad quality in my opinion) and there is the major bad image for them.:dunno:

ymmv
    viri

Definitely agree with you on that I myself am no pro when it comes to guns, but the first thing I did when I bought both my guns was disassemble and clean them. That of course was also the first thing I did when I returned home.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Nice to hear your happy with your purchase. I dont own one but from the few people I know that do never had a issue. Seems to be a good reliable gun at a great price.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I can't wait to get back out shoot some more. Next time the Wife is coming hope she enjoys it as much as me... as long as she isn't better than me! lol

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Went out today with my son to the range. He has a .45 ACP Hi-Point along with a other major manufactured guns. Not one problem with the HP and I wouldn' hesitate to purchase one to keep my handguns company:twocents:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Definitely agree with you on that I myself am no pro when it comes to guns, but the first thing I did when I bought both my guns was disassemble and clean them. That of course was also the first thing I did when I returned home.

Many people think brand new guns come clean from the factory, wrong! You are wise to clean new guns before you shoot them, wise to clean them after shooting.:yesway: Rep'd

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Maybe I wont get dogged so much for having a Highpoint now lol. I like them. They're cheap and go bang. Only dislike I have about them is the breakdown method is . . . weird.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-dvKHtX3w&feature=PlayList&p=8304D58095AA1A0B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3]YouTube - Hi-Point CF380 Field Strip and Reassemble[/ame]

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Yeah I'm not much of a fan of the roll pin but its really not that difficult to remove. One thing that I really love is the ghost ring sight you can see much more of your target!

Top Bottom