• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I have a 9mm , it lives in my kayak. if it gets wet I could care less. come home clean and dry it and its good to go. never had any problems with it.
    cheap and functions better then some $1200 pistols I have that are picky on ammo.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I had a 9mm carbine and althought it was a POS, the thing was accurate, and reliable. For a defensive arm, what more can you ask? Oh, it was cheap, too! I had about $50 in mine, but I got a heck of a deal! They do have a lifetime warranty and are American made. Mine was junked out when I bought it, but I picked it up knowing they had a lifetime warranty. I sent it back and basically got a new rifle in return, possibly it was a new rifle as it was TRASHED when I got it! They even sent it back with a scope base, sling and two new magazines!

I reccomended it to several folks lookng for an inexpensive home or business defnese weapon.I ended up trading it off and madea bout %300 profit on it, so how could I refuse?

Bad points other than looks and lack of quality feel? well, there was the ten round mag limit, but I often varry a 7 shot .32 or a six shot .357, so how can I really complain about that? The worst part was that the stock design walloped me in the cheek every shot and after a box or two of ammo, it got kind of old. Never enough to stop shooting, but it was an annoyance!

Doug K

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Nothing wrong with Hi-Point Firearms.
    I owned a C9 and it went bang every time and was 100% reliable.
    I did a comparison between the C9 and my FM Hi-Power and the Hi-Point had much more felt recoil.
    Other than the Felt Recoil issue they are good reliable firearms with a great warranty.

I highly receommend the Hi-Point Carbines.
    I own 2 and my wife and I both love these little rifles.
    Reliable, Accurate, light, and just plain fun.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Nothing wrong with Hi-Point Firearms.
    I owned a C9 and it went bang every time and was 100% reliable.
    I did a comparison between the C9 and my FM Hi-Power and the Hi-Point had much more felt recoil.
    Other than the Felt Recoil issue they are good reliable firearms with a great warranty.

I highly receommend the Hi-Point Carbines.
    I own 2 and my wife and I both love these little rifles.
    Reliable, Accurate, light, and just plain fun.

Thank you!!!! I'm glad to be "backed-up" by a dealer!!!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    Heheheh.... what a load of uninformed gun snobbery!!! :rolleyes:

I own two. Usually when you hear the above dribble it comes from people who have never owned or even shot one.

True... they are ugly, clunky, and weird looking. But so are Glocks!!!! ;)

These guns are generally reliable and accurate. They go bang when you pull the trigger and are surprisingly accurate. The worst thing about the High Points (other than the baseless bias you'll run into) is the triggers which are rather crude. No cruder than a S&W Sigma though.

As far as customer service/satisfaction, you'll get no better from ANY firearm manufacturer in the world!!! 100% Lifetime warranty no matter what. Send your gun in and H/P will refurbish it, bring it up to current standards, add a free magazine or two, and send it back to you with their apologies. Heck... they even tell you to send your gun in from time to time just for a full break-down cleaning and lube... all for free!!!

For some unbiased and reality-based information check here: http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php

Send me a PM or email if you need anything!!!

Oh.... and all of the above comes from a guy who is fortunate enough to own a variety of guns from "cheap" High Points to to guns that cost ten times as much!! :patriot:

Ummmmm............... I'm missing the point here I guess.
    I do have two HP's
    A JH .45, and C9.
    They both shoot just fine for my purpose.

I'm aware of the warranty, as the JH has jusy been rebuilt by the factory.
    I'm also aware of the forum in the link.

Really not sure how asking an opinion is considered snobbery. :dunno:

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Ummmmm............... I'm missing the point here I guess.
    I do have two HP's
    A JH .45, and C9.
    They both shoot just fine for my purpose.

I'm aware of the warranty, as the JH has jusy been rebuilt by the factory.
    I'm also aware of the forum in the link.

Really not sure how asking an opinion is considered snobbery. :dunno:

He was referring to the previous comments, where others (such as myself) said a Hi-Point was a bad choice. I must admit I'm biased of course, I've never shot one, but I can't get past the looks and reputation and I never will!

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    I did miss the point then, sorry for that.
    Not trying to start a war like I've seen other places, just how folks that have/had them feel about them.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Great guns for the price! Sold mine to buy a S&W 40cal sigma. That Ive owned for 6yrs and put over 3000 rds through without issues. Can get em new for like 289$ or maybe a little cheaper if ya ask Karl nicely.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    So many people bash what they don't know. These guns are designed for people on a budget. I own a 995 carbine and I own 2 Glocks. Yes, all of them are ugly, but they go bang in the middle of the night. If my budget only afforded me a HP then I would proudly carry one. They go bang and the company backs them up. What else do you need to know?:dunno:

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    So many people bash what they don't know. These guns are designed for people on a budget. I own a 995 carbine and I own 2 Glocks. Yes, all of them are ugly, but they go bang in the middle of the night. If my budget only afforded me a HP then I would proudly carry one. They go bang and the company backs them up. What else do you need to know?:dunno:

Seems to be either you love 'em or you hate 'em.
    Guess that's case with most things though.
    My only issue with the C9 so far is the size. Though large comparitively speaking I guess, I have some trouble with gripping it.
    Large hands and long fingers tend to get "schrunched" up in the way of the slide at times too.
    I'm also a lefty so I have to watch the mag release.
    The older JH is bottom released, and is a much better feel for me.
    And yes, my budget only allows me to have these cheaper options right now.
    They do go bang and are only in the house, not carry's.
    Maybe in the future I can get another 92F like I had in the past to make it more lefty friendly, or learn to shoot righty. :dunno:

INrange

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2008
    I have one for training uses so if it jams I get clearance training. The feed ramp is torn up fairly bad. I think if it was polished I wouldn't have many problems with it. As a carry gun hi-points suck. They are heavy, bulky, low capacity, and have mixed reviews about quality. For the same price one could get a decent used shotgun,sks,mosin,revolver, or auto loader.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I have one for training uses so if it jams I get clearance training. The feed ramp is torn up fairly bad. I think if it was polished I wouldn't have many problems with it. As a carry gun hi-points suck. They are heavy, bulky, low capacity, and have mixed reviews about quality. For the same price one could get a decent used shotgun,sks,mosin,revolver, or auto loader.
    Well..... the fact that you're using it as a training aid for the "tap, rack, squeeze" drill is cool. Now.... at any time you want it to function correctly just sent it in to H/P and they'll make it right and give you some free mags to boot!!! :yesway:
    :cheers:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I bought a hi-point about 2 weeks ago (c9 9mm) and have fire 150 rounds through it without a single fte, ftf or any other problem.

I bought my C9 brand new so its not even broken in yet, I have been shooting "American Eagle" ammo by federal which can be had for quite cheap.

For the price I think they are great guns, especially for someone just getting started.

I am already looking around at other guns, and I would not hesitate to buy the .45 hi-point if I find the right deal on one.

I have heard great things about their service center in Beemiller. It seems like everyone who sends their gun in to them gets a quick turn around time and some extra freebies in the box when they get it back.

Josey Wales

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    i would not get a high point, they are junk in my opinion, they jam more than Shawn Kemp used to, i have not come across too many pistols that work well and cost $120 brand new

Top Bottom