• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ok i am going to buy one of these to cut my teeth reloading...i was reseraching their website and had to wonder....Does any law enforcement officers carry a Hi point as their website claims>

This is an excerpt from their website...
    Hi-Point firearms are very popular with recreational target shooters, hunters, campers, law enforcement and anyone seeking an affordable, American-made firearm.

Is this a all new low point for hi point?
    Hi-Point Firearms: Handguns

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    After all I've read, heard and seen on Youtube....I wouldn't waste my money. I did handle one at the last gun show and wasn't one bit impressed (seemed oversized for what you got). My opinion, mileage will vary I'm sure.
    However a buddy put them in the same group as a Jennings!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've posted a challenge in several Hi-Point threads and no one has yet to take me up on it.

Run your HP through a 1k round weekend pistol class and come back and tell me how much you still love your Hi-Point.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ok i am going to buy one of these to cut my teeth reloading...i was reseraching their website and had to wonder....Does any law enforcement officers carry a Hi point as their website claims>

This is an excerpt from their website...
    Hi-Point firearms are very popular with recreational target shooters, hunters, campers, law enforcement and anyone seeking an affordable, American-made firearm.

Is this a all new low point for hi point?
    Hi-Point Firearms: Handguns
    I think i've heard about some law enforcement carrying the carbines but I can't produce anything at the moment.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    From what I've gathered, some officers in smaller departments, in mostly southern, RTW states, make less than $15/hr, buy their own uniforms, provide their own gun. Those guys might be on a tight budget, and can only scrape up enough for a hi-point.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yes

i am not worried at all to be honest but since no one I know reloads I have to read , watch videos, and do it all myself....dont really care if I mess up a high point though I doubt i will....ok I might but I am just saying that in case you see it in the classifieds someday (jk) ...i mean it is a hi point...who cares...i will probably give it to some liberal on the fence about gun ownership when i am done
    You're going to practice reloading and shoot them through a Hi Point?

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    From what I've gathered, some officers in smaller departments, in mostly southern, RTW states, make less than $15/hr, buy their own uniforms, provide their own gun. Those guys might be on a tight budget, and can only scrape up enough for a hi-point.

Even the lowest paid LEOs can afford a GLOCK. I don't buy it for a second. There is no way any officer of the law would EVER carry a Hi-Point.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Are you saying that they will have problems...i have had a hi point carbine back in the day and had no problems...ok ok ok ...i admit i only shot 3 mags through it so not really a torture test....this is just going to be a range tool to beat the heck out of and have some fun :shoot:
    I've posted a challenge in several Hi-Point threads and no one has yet to take me up on it.

Run your HP through a 1k round weekend pistol class and come back and tell me how much you still love your Hi-Point.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    oversized

Everything i have is oversized :rockwoot:
    After all I've read, heard and seen on Youtube....I wouldn't waste my money. I did handle one at the last gun show and wasn't one bit impressed (seemed oversized for what you got). My opinion, mileage will vary I'm sure.
    However a buddy put them in the same group as a Jennings!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well

i might but it is hard to spend as much on ammo as you did on the gun....i think that you are going to have ft feed and fte but not problems with ftfire...just my opinion based on youtube and my 3 mags of trigger time...i would bet you gun for gun first one to jam gets the other guys guns ...heck i might get your gun and if i lose i lose my hi point....only condition is that you have to use my reloads :D
    I dunno-- no one's ever taken me up on the challenge. :dunno:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    From my experience the 9mm carbine runs well! I haven't shot any of the pistols, several friends have them and say they do ok. But they may shoot a box of rounds a year. One of my shooting buddies had a 9mm carbine 6 years ago or so and we ran the crap out of it, no problems until he bought an aftermarket extended mag. Junk. But with factory mags we had 0 problems. I'm half temped to buy one now instead of a kel tec s2K but I have so many Glock mags I woul dbe stupid too. :):

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    kel-tecs

i am not a fan of kel tecs especially the pf 9 but they are all right but had some real problems with one of them
    From my experience the 9mm carbine runs well! I haven't shot any of the pistols, several friends have them and say they do ok. But they may shoot a box of rounds a year. One of my shooting buddies had a 9mm carbine 6 years ago or so and we ran the crap out of it, no problems until he bought an aftermarket extended mag. Junk. But with factory mags we had 0 problems. I'm half temped to buy one now instead of a kel tek s2K but I have so many Glock mags I woul dbe stupid too. :):

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    9mm carbine

i would just stay away from 9mm carbines...i dont like putting a pistol round in a mag...you also have to struggle finding stuff you need for it ...just get a ar 15 or a mini 14 or one of those 5.7 rifles but they are a bit more....i have a list in my head of the stuff i want....i would just get a glock 34 before i got a 9mm carbine...if i were rich i would definitely have one but better things to get in my humble opinion
    I have seen some questionable stuff on the s2k's, another reason I thought about the hi point 9mm carbine. I haven't made up my mind yet. :coffee:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    i am not worried at all to be honest but since no one I know reloads I have to read , watch videos, and do it all myself....dont really care if I mess up a high point though I doubt i will....ok I might but I am just saying that in case you see it in the classifieds someday (jk) ...i mean it is a hi point...who cares...i will probably give it to some liberal on the fence about gun ownership when i am done

I'd be more worried about damaging my hand than the pistol itself.

I'm just saying I'd trust a 300 year old flintlock pistol shooting a power belt before I'd trust a Hi Point with a handload :twocents:

Top Bottom