• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    i would just stay away from 9mm carbines...i dont like putting a pistol round in a mag...you also have to struggle finding stuff you need for it ...just get a ar 15 or a mini 14 or one of those 5.7 rifles but they are a bit more....i have a list in my head of the stuff i want....i would just get a glock 34 before i got a 9mm carbine...if i were rich i would definitely have one but better things to get in my humble opinion

I like the idea of a pistol caliber carbine for close up shooting, and shooting my Bobcat steel close. I have plenty of rifles for everything else. A 9mm carbine for me would be a fun rifle, yep that's about it. As to your OP, I still don't reload because I would worry too much wether I did it right.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've posted a challenge in several Hi-Point threads and no one has yet to take me up on it.

Run your HP through a 1k round weekend pistol class and come back and tell me how much you still love your Hi-Point.

I'd take you up on that, but it's a pain in the watoosie for a couple reasons..

First off, if I was gonna run through a thousand rounds, I'd rather do so with a firearm that I'd be more likely to have on my person.

Second, the biggest thing I (personally, :twocents:, of course) dislike about HiPoint is the low capacity magazines. You'd have to reload way more often than the majority of your peers (unless they're 1911 people, I guess). One of these days I'll get one of my LEO firearm instructor buddies to let me run the HiPoint through handgun qualifications - sure, it's not as hardcore as a thousand round class, but it'd be fun for an afternoon.

Third - and this could be a deal-breaker - are there any appropriate holsters for HiPoint pistols? Wifey's lives in her safe. I'm sure you can get some generic nylon "This'll fit any handgun" kind of thing, but does anybody make a "good" HiPoint holster? I know duty holsters for LEO use typically have differing levels of retention based upon department regulations - anything that fits that bill for HiPoint?

Guess if somebody wanted to donate enough 9mm ammo and a good holster for my C9 in order for me to take a class, I'd be game..

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Third - and this could be a deal-breaker - are there any appropriate holsters for HiPoint pistols? Wifey's lives in her safe. I'm sure you can get some generic nylon "This'll fit any handgun" kind of thing, but does anybody make a "good" HiPoint holster? I know duty holsters for LEO use typically have differing levels of retention based upon department regulations - anything that fits that bill for HiPoint?

Guess if somebody wanted to donate enough 9mm ammo and a good holster for my C9 in order for me to take a class, I'd be game..

Honestly, the only one that I have ever seen that was custom-formed FOR a HiPoint pistol was made BY the HiPoint company and shipped with the gun from the factory. So you may be able to call them and order one.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nothing wrong with the HiPoint 9mm pistol. Not pretty, heavy which makes it shoot soft, reliable. The slide is soft metal and will eventually deform where the rounds come out of the magazine, but HiPoint's no questions asked warranty is amazing. You will get back a like new pistol with an extra mag.

I don't own one but have worked on one and though I think they are ugly, I have no problem with them. I think there is a bit of snobbery going on about them.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hmmmm..

HiPoint owners have their own forum. Several folks are saying that you can interchange (some) with Glock duty holsters. Being that I have a couple of those laying around, I'll check it out and see what I find..

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Nothing wrong with the HiPoint 9mm pistol. Not pretty, heavy which makes it shoot soft, reliable. The slide is soft metal and will eventually deform where the rounds come out of the magazine, but HiPoint's no questions asked warranty is amazing. You will get back a like new pistol with an extra mag.

I don't own one but have worked on one and though I think they are ugly, I have no problem with them. I think there is a bit of snobbery going on about them.

Nothing wrong? Seriously all one has to do is look on the net and stick around the range for any period of time. I'm glad they have a great warranty, but I'm always hopeful when I buy a gun I never need to use it. :D

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i see what you are saying

I dont have any qualms about them blowing up ...these things are built like a tank...the problem is with the reliability of the action of the pistol after the bullet is fired...there are some very entertaining videos out there on youtube of guys trying to blow them up and never succeeding...i am not going to be doing hot loads
    I'd be more worried about damaging my hand than the pistol itself.

I'm just saying I'd trust a 300 year old flintlock pistol shooting a power belt before I'd trust a Hi Point with a handload :twocents:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    gotcha

reloading is very intimidating when you dont have a lot of moolah to replace stuff...i think it would be good to know how to do though
    I like the idea of a pistol caliber carbine for close up shooting, and shooting my Bobcat steel close. I have plenty of rifles for everything else. A 9mm carbine for me would be a fun rifle, yep that's about it. As to your OP, I still don't reload because I would worry too much wether I did it right.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Holster Update - I tried the C9 in a Safariland RLS holster for a Glock 19/23 sized handgun, and it didn't fit well. It went in really tightly, then I dang near couldn't get it out - retention level 9000 or something..

I have a snap holster for a Glock 17/22 sized handgun in storage - I'll dig it out and try that next..

Top Bottom