• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AWharton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    milford.
    the best firearm is the one you actually use and train with.
    and most importantly carry
    i agree. and this would be my first accual buy. ive nad guns handed down to me by my dad. but now im lookin for something just for the house. im sure i can adapt well to it.

foxtrot1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    my 2 cents is that there decently made guns i had the 9mm and it shot straight and never jamed thats with about 1000rds. just to bulky for a carry gun. but you cant beat the price if your looking for a plinker

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    they really arent bad. like i said just shoot it and get used to it

ps never try a "nicer" pistol or you will want one.

AWharton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    milford.
    thanks man. maybe in the next week or so i might be startin to get one. would your recomend the 9mm or the .45acp? or the .40s&w even?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    thats up to you i would say. the only one i can actually speak for is the 9 as that is what i shot w/. i am sure someone who has dealt w/ them more will see this post in the morning and give you better info than i can. or check out the guy from the first pages signature he had a couple websites in there w/ reviews. and google them and read those reviews. good luck w/ whatever gun you get. just remember to shoot it often and keep it clean

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I am a Glock guy 24-7 and I am buying 2 this week.

One to leave at my parents house and one to cache. I could not get myself to bury a Glock.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Hi Point 9mm Carbine

I bought one a while back, changed out the stock to an ATI and put on a 1X red dot scope, bought a few extra magazines and a nice case. I gave it to my son for a birthday gift because I decided that I would still use my 12 gauge for home defense instead of a 9mm carbine. We took it to a local range to sight it in. After only a few sight-in shots, my son proceeded to cut out the Xs on a couple of targets that he sent all the way back to the end of the indoor range. I was very impressed. My son liked his gift. Just about the only thing that I would request that Hi Point change is that God awful looking cheap plastic trigger. The thing really brings down the appearance of their firearms.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Or 1911, just kidding dude. If you want it and it's the right price buy it, we can always go to the range together then. But as been stated before they're DAMN UGLY. But, just to keep at your house if you can be accurate with it at 10-15' then buy it. The hardest part right now for buying any gun is obtaining ammo. I have some rounds that when you buy it I'll let you run a couple mags through and load up then so you're ready if anything goes bump in the night. Also, being so cheap you can afford to buy a really good Mag-Lite to go with it.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    just glock it, you won't be sorry

thumbsup.jpg

cherokeewoody

Plinker
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    May 28, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I'd have to agree with Slab. They are ugly, but, I bought a H.P. 45 in 1997 and shot thousands of rounds thru it and not one jam. I believe they are garanteed for life also. So considering the price you really cant beat it.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'm getting one myself next month.....my first handgun and I'm almost 40.

FWIW...I don't find them ugly at all. I was thinking of waiting till the valpo gun show to see if I get lucky and find one but I'm hitting the local gun shops this weekend to see what I can find.

Wish me luck!

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Does anyone have a really high res picture of a hi point? I actually think i like to looks of their hand gun but i cant find any really good pictures of them

Top Bottom