• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    This is one of the better one's I've seen around. Hopefully some of the members here have other ones to share.

HiPointPic.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    get a Hi-point C9 9mm, practice with it for awhile, and then outshoot guys who paid 3 and 4 times as much for their pistols.....

One of the gun websites had a review of the Hi Points. (wish I could find it)
    The reviewer was shocked that he could get as good of groups with the Hi Point as he did with his $2000 Kimber.

Say what you want about them, but for a truck or nightstand gun, you can't beat the price, and the Customer Service. If you buy a used one, send it in for a "check up" and they will go over it, fix any problems, and usually send it back with a free magazine.

If I come across a used one, even if it is in horrible shape, I would probably buy it and send it in to the factory for updating, just because they are so cheap.

trouble4_2or_3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Centerville In
    Not a bad gun overall, ugly as everyone has stated. Rattles a bit not built the best but what can you expect, I gave $80 for mine new in the box so I cant complaint a bit about it!

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Hrmmm...
    I had a Stallard Arms 9mm given to me when my uncle died. Stallard, was the name of these before Hi-point. It has the same 47lb pot-metal upper/slide as the newer Hi-points but also a pot-metal frame. I cleaned it, refinished it, made some walnut grips for it, replace the roll pin that holds it all together (these are not the esiest guns to disassymble for cleaning) and headed to the range. It is one of the most accurate 9mms i have ever shot. That being said, it's a brick :):. The great thing about these guns is, if you ever run out of ammo, you can always throw it at the bad guy and most cetainly kill him with it.
    All joking aside, it shot well, fed good, they are known to fix anything for free and I'll keep it forever because it was my uncles.

PS I did see a brand new Hi-Point the other day just like the Stallard that I have.

FuglyGun.gif

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hrmmm...
    I had a Stallard Arms 9mm given to me when my uncle died. Stallard, was the name of these before Hi-point. It has the same 47lb pot-metal upper/slide as the newer Hi-points but also a pot-metal frame. I cleaned it, refinished it, made some walnut grips for it, replace the roll pin that holds it all together (these are not the esiest guns to disassymble for cleaning) and headed to the range. It is one of the most accurate 9mms i have ever shot. That being said, it's a brick :):. The great thing about these guns is, if you ever run out of ammo, you can always throw it at the bad guy and most cetainly kill him with it.
    All joking aside, it shot well, fed good, they are known to fix anything for free and I'll keep it forever because it was my uncles.

PS I did see a brand new Hi-Point the other day just like the Stallard that I have.

FuglyGun.gif

Nice grips!!! :rockwoot: :ingo: :patriot:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Nice grips!!! :rockwoot: :ingo: :patriot:

Are you hitting on that man's gun? * :D

All kidding aside, HiPoints, in my experience, have been fine. I have a 995 that I really like. Ihad a C-9. Sold it and have regretted it. It's a little smaller than my other 9 and great for the range. I am looking into getting another one. Likely from 21st or Ranger.

* "Ya stroke a man's gun like that you as well be strokin' his woman; now hand that back to me before I have to tan your hide in front of these pretty ladies" -The Bounty Hunter, moments before being 'made famous' by Billy the Kid

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Somebody mentioned a .45 carbine from Hi-Point , anyone know anything about these ?

It's kinda like a snipe or the entrance to Hogwart's......

An allledged reality but no one has seen them.

On the other hand the 995 with the new stocks have appaently shipped.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a c9 from 21st a few weeks back and love it - ugly as hell and heavier then any other handgun I've ever owned but I LOVE IT! Shoots damn good at 15 (--> I meant 25) yards. If you're near Fort Wayne we can meet up and you can try it out, just pm me!

Joe

Last edited:

AWharton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    milford.
    I bought a c9 from 21st a few weeks back and love it - ugly as hell and heavier then any other handgun I've ever owned but I LOVE IT! Shoots damn good at 15 (--> I meant 25) yards. If you're near Fort Wayne we can meet up and you can try it out, just pm me!

Joe
    sounds good. i think im gonna be gettin the 9mm.
    this week or next i hope. i would like to shoot one before i buy it.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Somebody mentioned a .45 carbine from Hi-Point , anyone know anything about these ?

So far it's just vaporware. They've been talking about it for several years now. I know that there is a prototype and that it reportedly functions well. Other than that.....????? :dunno:

I hear that they are cranking-out carbines as fast as they can, so maybe a new carbine isn't a priority. :patriot:

redneckjoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    beech grove
    man ill tell u what they are really a good cheap gun to have i like to keep mine in the truck locked up cause i don't take my glock all the time and if it got stolen i would hate it but not out that much $$$$

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    They are very reliable in .40 and .45. I've heard some bad reviews about their 9mm but I've never shot one to find out. Keep in mind these are great guns, but not great guns for conceal carry. It's more the type of gun you keep hidden in a drawer somewhere for home defense.

Top Bottom