• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My wife shot my Beretta 92 for the first time today. She loved it. However, she could not handle the double action first trigger pull. We looked at guns after shooting. She loved 9mm 1911s but also liked the idea of a Hi Power. I know about Feg Hi Powers. What else is out there and what are the prices like?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    FM hi power (Argentine) clones are priced about the same or slightly higher.

Many people believe the CZ75 is taken from the Hi Power design but it's not - it only looks similar and has a similar feel and grip. It points like a Hi Power. The CZ75 and clones can be carried cocked and locked for the single action preference (if not the decocker versions). CZ's are getting more pricey, but the clones are still cheap. Canik, Tristar, Tanfoglio, just to name a few ($300 range).

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You can get FEG Hi Power clones on GB for between $300-$400 if you don't mind having a beater. They will still shoot great and can be refinished. The CZ clones get great reviews and can be carried C&L but most people carry them at half-cock. You can get a CZ and make the DA very smooth but it will take a few bucks. I would be happy to let you guys shoot some custom CZs if you want to come up to Lafayette some time.

FEG HI Power Clone Good Condition : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    FM hi power (Argentine) clones are priced about the same or slightly higher.

Many people believe the CZ75 is taken from the Hi Power design but it's not - it only looks similar and has a similar feel and grip. It points like a Hi Power. The CZ75 and clones can be carried cocked and locked for the single action preference (if not the decocker versions). CZ's are getting more pricey, but the clones are still cheap. Canik, Tristar, Tanfoglio, just to name a few ($300 range).
    Yeah we saw a CZ75 that was really nice for $550ish. I didn't like how loose the safety felt when it comes to carrying cocked and locked. It seemed like the safety could become disengaged rather easily.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You can get FEG Hi Power clones on GB for under $300 if you don't mind having a beater. They will still shoot great and can be refinished. The CZ clones get great reviews and can be carried C&L but most people carry them at half-cock. You can get a CZ and make the DA very smooth but it will take a few bucks. I would be happy to let you guys shoot some custom CZs if you want to come up to Lafayette some time.
    Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Check out the SAR Arms B6P. It is a CZ clone made in turkey and comes in a compact (13rnds) and a full size (17rnds) variation. It can be carried cocked and locked, and has a single sided thumb safety. They usually run right around $300 or so. I'd pick one up if I wasn't saving for a baby.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If you put the leg work in, used hi-powers (actual Browning models) can be found for not too much more than many are asking for the FEG models. I picked mine up used, in like new condition, for right at $550 after taxes.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If you put the leg work in, used hi-powers (actual Browning models) can be found for not too much more than many are asking for the FEG models. I picked mine up used, in like new condition, for right at $550 after taxes.

Let's see some pics!

OP, did you see this thread?
    [h=3]FEG hi power[/h]

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    A few years back a boatload of Indian made HPs came in, a little crude but shot well after you cleaned all the oil off of them and ditched the crappy supplied mag. Web snatch of one below.

Kiesler's sold these for around $250 IIRC, maybe 10 years ago.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    My wife shot my Beretta 92 for the first time today. She loved it. However, she could not handle the double action first trigger pull. We looked at guns after shooting. She loved 9mm 1911s but also liked the idea of a Hi Power. I know about Feg Hi Powers. What else is out there and what are the prices like?
    with either a 1911 or a hi power you're looking at a somewhat pricey gun.

Top Bottom