• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    If it's just one video they normally just block it not the whole page.

I had a friends videos(every one) get blocked because he was live streaming a concert from a local bar, when the performer started singing happy birthday!

once youtube deleted that one video, they unlocked the rest of his stuff, but it took a few days

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As I mentioned in another thread, it was taken down for "firearms advertising" under Google's AdSense rules, not YouTube rules.

Happened shortly after a Remington video was uploaded.

You can subscribe to John's channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3pCbT9-I70khiC3NkWY1fQ

Also no surprise that shortly after Obama's gun speech, a firearms enthusiast channel would be brigaded and taken down. Probably just a bunch of false strikes on the channel. Happens all the time. However, if it truly is some bs policy to push out gun videos... consider going to Full30.com. They own their own servers and host firearms videos. Might not be a bad idea for Hickok to cross-post there in the meantime.

Hickok45 is definitely a YouTube partner channel, so unfortunately he would be restrained by any advertising rules they implement.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From Hickok45 himself:

Apparently, Google + is more sensitive about firearms related postings and such. I never use Google+ and did not even realize the videos were being posted over there, I guess. I will keep you posted via Facebook here and the Hickok45andson channel. I have communicated with YouTube via email this morning, and hopefully, we'll be able to get the channel back up soon. I had just posted a new video.

It seems that the Remington video may be a post hoc ergo propter hoc situation and not the precipitating factor.

...and this copyright talk. What copyrighted material would be at issue?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Hickok just posted this on his FB page... hopefully this will all be sorted out soon. He's one of my favorites, the Grampa I would love to have!

Apparently, Google + is more sensitive about firearms related postings and such. I never use Google+ and did not even realize the videos were being posted over there, I guess. I will keep you posted via Facebook here and the Hickok45andson channel. I have communicated with YouTube via email this morning, and hopefully, we'll be able to get the channel back up soon. I had just posted a new video.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From Hickok45 himself:

It seems that the Remington video may be a post hoc ergo properter hoc situation and not the precipitating factor

Good, sounds pretty innocent, then. Reactions on Twitter/elsewhere are ridiculous. "HOW DARE GOOGLE INFRINGE ON HICKOK'S 1A and 2A RIGHTS, SIGN THIS CHANGE.ORG PETITION TO BRING BACK HICKOK" and whatnot. People, calm down.

Google+ integration is hard to avoid for the lay user. Hope he gets that portion worked out and can get back to business. This is no different than a small business owner going in to work, only to see his doors are locked and his key doesn't work. These channels are these people's livelihoods.

I blame John. If they want to hire me as a Content Manager, I'm available.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...This is no different than a small business owner going in to work, only to see his doors are locked and his key doesn't work...

This is true if the building your business is in is owned by someone who lets you use it, but reserves the right to lock you out for any reason it deems appropriate.

These channels are the livelihood of many people, but there is significant risk to putting all your eggs in that one basket.

How hard would it be to uproot and go to full30?

I can only imagine that full30 does not offer close to the exposure...or money of Youtube, evidenced by the fact that pretty much everyone on full30 is also on Youtube.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Google sucks.

I didn't know that Google+ was so rabidly hoplophobic. Then again, I never use Google+.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Found elsewhere:
    9RLppH3.jpg

Attachments

• 9RLppH3.jpg
      9RLppH3.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 11

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    What I did find out is yes everything is linked together Google+, YouTube, and gmail. Because I guess Google thinks by default that us the customers want it that way. I just checked to see if i had a Google+ account that i never wanted or signed up for and yep guess what everything from info from gmail and YouTube preferences were their. So I completely deleted my google + account and all crossover info so the only accounts I have left is Gmail and YouTube. Keep in mind I never set up a Google+ account never wanted a Google+ account but yet their it was..

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, they are...including the apparently non-offending Remington video:

[video=youtube;8U4Cu_SJTBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4Cu_SJTBo[/video]

Top Bottom