• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    A buddy of mine has the tactical one. For being a pistol caliber carbine, the recoil sucks! If you have a proper cheek weld on it, it feels like getting smacked right in the mouth, every time you fire it!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ive owned 2 of the 9mm carbines and love them. First one I sold to upgrade and wish I hadn't. Hence im on my second one. Never had a ftf, fte, stovepipe, etc. No matter what ammo I used including reloads. They are +p rated and have a hassle free lifetime warranty. Also if you want accessories, extra mags, etc. Go to their website and everything is priced to include any appropriate taxes and shipping. No hidden costs or ridiculous shipping. Also own a couple c9's and they're just as reliable. People hate on them cause they are a little heavy and ugly, but in my personal belief just as ugly as a glock. Do what you will but I'd buy it

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    For years I had a Hi-Point 995 in the old, original style. It was definitely ugly, but very reliable and fun to shoot. I do not recall a single FTF, FTE, etc. I picked a Hi-Point 4595 a year ago, which was the new tactical style. I really didn't like it. The check weld felt like it was scratching my face every time I pulled the trigger. I sold it, but hear they make a pad that fixes the issue I had.

I now have a much more expensive JRC .45, that has given me a lot of feed issues. Once the feed issues are resolved, I feel the JRC will be a superior weapon. I can't say that right now.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    The Hi-Point carbines are great, affordable rifles. They are troublesome to clean, but they are well made and American made. I've never had an issue with the ones that I've handled. My only complaint is magazine capacity but the rifle itself is very, very sound.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I bought the 9mm. Good cheap fun. Minimal recoil. Accurate. Liked it so much I got the .45. Same story. Best bang for the buck I've found. Just be sure to shop around - markup varies widely. Bradis sells the tactical stock version with no other accessories for about $290. Don't pay more than $300 for the basic model.

Magazines from the factory are less than $20.

Accessories are shipped very promptly from the factory.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Been real happy with mine other than the aforementioned cheek rub and I notice what I call trigger sting. I don't know exactly what is happening but I get a sting on my trigger finger every shot. Not bad, but annoying.

Matt

Top Bottom