• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    :D ok, I will probably get laughed out of here for this, but, here goes....my high point is messing up. only shot it about 50 times, but about every 5 or 6 shots, it will jam while trying to feed the next round. I have cleaned it several times, and it still gives me the same results. other than to throw it away, is there anything else I should try? I have tried different makes of ammo. thanks for any replies.:popcorn:

Jim1117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Hello.
    Check on YouTube for the Hi-Point C9 and look for a couple of things you can do to stop your problem.
    One is polishing the feed ramp and the other it working on the magazine.
    Those problems are covered extensively on YouTube.
    I did both to my .40 Hi-Point and never had a problem with it. I also took it apart and cleaned and oiled it...and the magazine...made the mag a lot easier to load!
    I am looking for a C9 if you decide to throw that away....can't find a new one.
    Jim

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I would try cleaning it up real nice like...

Then selling it.

You have to ask yourself. Would you want your life or your families life to depend on that gun.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    i think high pointn has lifetime warranty's this is on there website on the front page

All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, "no-questions asked warranty." Whether you are the original purchaser, or the third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge.

i would just call them and get a new one. ;)

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here's what you need to do to them to make them reliable,

as stated above, polish the feed ramp. If it's a new gun you should easily be able to see where the nose of the rounds is scraping the paint off. What you want to do is get some super fine sandpaper and clean that area up really well.
    Next, on you magazine look at the top edge towards the front, if the edges are sharp they need to be rounded off with a small file.
    Also, the mags need to be broken in well before they function well. Load them up and keep them loaded.
    One other thing with HP's is that due to the extreme weight of the slide, limp wristing is well known to cause them to jam and misfeed. Hold that mother tight.

As the other guys said there is a ton of info out there on how to make them perform smoothly. I have a C9 and a CF380 and they both work great. You'd be a fool to give up on it so easily. For what they cost, they are well worth a little work. Lots of people want to bash them, but most of the people who have them are happy with them.

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    Moss Pawn has some good videos under the name Iraqveteran8888. A lot of great videos. They did two videos on the hi-point. One was to try to make it fail and another to performance test it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Moss Pawn has some good videos under the name Iraqveteran8888. A lot of great videos. They did two videos on the hi-point. One was to try to make it fail and another to performance test it.

Eric and Barry have a lot of videos with interesting information to share. Wonder if they have Moss Pawn shirts for sale to go along with INGO Gear.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I have 4 Hi Point's with no problems, now. Had to lube the slide on the C9's to get them to cycle all the way. The .45 works great for a $180 gun.

phearly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis,IN
    I've never really had any problems feeding with my Hi-point 45 or C9, but I did tweaked the feed lips just for good measure. Here is a pic I found online that is supposed to show the stock & "post-tweaked" measurements for the C9 mags(if u have access to a micrometer).

c9magazinelips.jpg

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    thanks for all the tips. I did some fine tuning on the mag. and it did help with the feed issue. as far as putting my life on the line with a highpoint? he&% NO. it was a gift from my wife years ago when we were dating. my first c.c. gun was a .357 that my father-in-law carried when he was a LEO. now I have an XDs. I keep the highpoint for sentimental reasons, and for the fact when it does shoot, its very accurate. my youngest son, he is 19, loves to shoot it as well. for the money its a fun little shooter, and its the only 9 mm. I own.(for now) so I believe I will just hold on to it, and enjoy it for what it is. again, thanks for the advice.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I have a Hi-point c9 and right out of the box it fired great with no jams. I have a son in law that had to just polish the feed ramp and it worked great. One idea is to load the magazine and leave it in. This is suppose to help weaked the spring a little bit so it feeds better. Good luck

Top Bottom