• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I was really, really hoping that by surfing around I could find this to be a misquote, or just flat out bad information. I mean, she can't really be THAT stupid, can she?

Fail on my part... :n00b:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is a lot of government that could be done away with if the "War on Drugs" came to an end and drugs were legalized. We all know how our elected and appointed officials like cutting government.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    I know,nobody ever listens to me. That's ok. But the government doesn't care one bit about the economy,or saving money. THEY LOVE BIG GOVERNMENT(control) look at all the government employees that would be off of their payroll.and look at all the control they would lose,by you as a person controlling your own life. Can't believe that so many people think that the government really gives a rats *ss about the economy.if they did,it would be simple on turning things around. IE:war on drugs,illegal aliens,healthcare bs,teachers unions,billions in foreign aids to dictators,start drilling our own oil,welfare, etc,etc they are not going to do anything about any of these.it really is a nice thought that some of you have,that we should go back to making America great.just isn't happening.and won't. They are killing the economy with purpose. The more somebody relies on you.the more power you have over that person. Once again....THEY DON'T care how much money they could make off of drugs or any other program. That would give the people more power.and would diminish the size of government.They want more dependency,not successful people that do as they wish,without government control. You see what is happening.I know it sucks to think about. But everything they are doing is on purpose.it would be impossible to screw sh#t up as bad as they have on accident.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I know,nobody ever listens to me. That's ok. But the government doesn't care one bit about the economy,or saving money. THEY LOVE BIG GOVERNMENT(control) look at all the government employees that would be off of their payroll.and look at all the control they would lose,by you as a person controlling your own life. Can't believe that so many people think that the government really gives a rats *ss about the economy.if they did,it would be simple on turning things around. IE:war on drugs,illegal aliens,healthcare bs,teachers unions,billions in foreign aids to dictators,start drilling our own oil,welfare, etc,etc they are not going to do anything about any of these.it really is a nice thought that some of you have,that we should go back to making America great.just isn't happening.and won't. They are killing the economy with purpose. The more somebody relies on you.the more power you have over that person. Once again....THEY DON'T care how much money they could make off of drugs or any other program. That would give the people more power.and would diminish the size of government.They want more dependency,not successful people that do as they wish,without government control. You see what is happening.I know it sucks to think about. But everything they are doing is on purpose.it would be impossible to screw sh#t up as bad as they have on accident.

Sooooooo, you're saying that politicians aren't Really stupid, they're just Acting? :laugh:

I gotta agree with you, though. I really think all the economic strife and woe is by design for the exact reasons you have outlined.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hillary Clinton: We Can't Legalize Drugs Because 'There Is Just Too Much Money in It' - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine
    :facepalm:
    I think she means there is too much money for the government in drugs to legalize it.

There is money everywhere because of it. I think the average person would be very surprised to find out how many wealthy people "invest" in this aspect of the economy. Many, many a dollar has been made by the already wealthy who never touch or see the product. They merely provide the initial capital and receive a healthy return on a short term investment.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Both sides have their cash cow at stake whenever legalization comes up. The cartels and illegal growers don't want the market flooded (due to legalization) with inexpensive, LEGAL marijuana. If you make it legal to grow, the aspect that drives up the cost (illegality, product interception by police, etc...) goes out the window. The .gov does not want it legalized because of the taxes and programs they have established to keep it illegal. Think about it: Far less enforcement, less "rehab", less bureaucrats at the DEA, less money brought in to "fight drugs", all these people with cushily paid jobs lose them almost overnight.

It's probably the same reason the .gov doesn't shift to a simpler tax structure: Too many people in upper levels that want to keep their jobs, plus the thousands employed to keep things complex.... It's about their dollar, their ego (they don't want to lose the "war on drugs") and mindlessly following the paths and concepts "our fathers" laid down.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Both sides have their cash cow at stake whenever legalization comes up. The cartels and illegal growers don't want the market flooded (due to legalization) with inexpensive, LEGAL marijuana. If you make it legal to grow, the aspect that drives up the cost (illegality, product interception by police, etc...) goes out the window. The .gov does not want it legalized because of the taxes and programs they have established to keep it illegal. Think about it: Far less enforcement, less "rehab", less bureaucrats at the DEA, less money brought in to "fight drugs", all these people with cushily paid jobs lose them almost overnight.

It's probably the same reason the .gov doesn't shift to a simpler tax structure: Too many people in upper levels that want to keep their jobs, plus the thousands employed to keep things complex.... It's about their dollar, their ego (they don't want to lose the "war on drugs") and mindlessly following the paths and concepts "our fathers" laid down.

Absolutly on target assesment. The big money aspect of this is driving everything.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    It's always about money & power.

I am not just referring to the War on Drugs, the struggle over money & power has been behind just about every "historical event".

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Kinda reminds me of a cure for cancer or AIDS. More money in treatments too.
    images

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Is she refering to her Brother in Law Rodger snorting the finish off the table in the WH? Maybe cutting Bill a couple of rails? Didn't Rodger get busted with coke?
    From Wiki for what it is worth
    Presidential pardon
    In 2001, he was pardoned by his brother for a 1985 conviction related to cocaine for which he had served a year in jail. The pardon removed his criminal conviction from records

Top Bottom