• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Any suggestions for a different hotel chain to use?

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. <redacted>,

Thank you for your message to Hilton Reservations and Customer Care. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your firearms inquiry.

It is our policy that we do not allow anyone (including off duty law enforcement officers) to possess firearms in any of our hotels. The only exceptions are:

A. Sworn federal, state or local law enforcement officers while on official business and, when off duty, when required to carry weapons in the jurisdiction by statute, ordinance or rule, or an exception otherwise made by a Regional Senior Vice President.

B. Insured and/or bonded armored car service employees under contract to the hotel, hotel guests, tenants or concessionaires, when required by law or for insurance.

C. Airline flight crew members authorized by federal law who have current and valid credentials issued by the Department of Homeland Security/TSA as Federal Flight Deck Officers ("FFDOs").

You may request in the future that the hotel store an unloaded firearm in a Safe Deposit Box during your stay at our hotels. Our intention is simply to provide a reasonable degree of safety and security at all times for every guest, tenant, customer, visitor and team member coming onto our property.

We appreciate this opportunity to assist you and thank you for your continued loyalty! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the HHonors Service Center nearest you:

Hilton HHonors® - Hilton Reservations and Customer Care.

How are we doing?

Best regards,

John
    Senior Lead Email Coordinator
    Customer Care Email Department
    Hilton Reservations and Customer Care
    Diamond Special Services
    Hilton Worldwide

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Super 8? :dunno:

Not being smart but there are a lot of hotel chains to choose from out there. I have stayed in a lot of places over the years. Though don't travel so much anymore. Never saw where Hilton was that much different then anything else.

Question is if you have the gun on your person or lock it in the safe in the room. How are they ever going to know? I would never just leave a gun in the room unattended.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Holiday Inn? It's where we stay due to hubby's membership in the hotel version of frequent flyer nights through his employer. I don't know their attitude towards firearms, but you'll at least wake up smarter the next morning.

Why would you even ask in the first place?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If I really wanted to stay at a Hilton, and I would certainly have my gun with me, I would not care what their policy is, or would I ever ask them in the first place. Like Vert said, how would they know unless you announce it to them?

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thought it was on the back of my NRA Membership card, but there are hotels that give discounts to NRA memebers. Check the NRA Website and patronize those Hotels. Used to travel alot when my boys were BMX racing. And I know I got an NRA discout several times just cant remeber which ones. Seems like Best Western was one...

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I guess this would go along the lines of "breaking into jail" so to speak. Why would you ask unless there was some ordinance or other legal issue to consult the hotel chain?

I primarily stay at Holiday Inn or their sister hotels so the points all add up but I have never even asked them.

+1 on the don't leave the gun alone in the room, it might get lonely..

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I'm betting that most hotel chain's "official" stance is no firearms on property. Don't ask, Don't tell...........If it works for the military, it works for carry...:)

westfieldxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Holiday Inn? It's where we stay due to hubby's membership in the hotel version of frequent flyer nights through his employer. I don't know their attitude towards firearms, but you'll at least wake up smarter the next morning.

Why would you even ask in the first place?

Exactly. I have never seen a hotel post a "no guns allowed" sign. So, if you are lawfully carrying a firearm, what are they going to do >IF< they find out? Ask you to leave? Keep it concealed and don't worry about it.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    When I was on a hunting trip in Maryland we stayed at a Hampton, which is part of Hilton. We walked in to the front desk with 4 shotguns and had no problems.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Comfort Inns & Suites & Red Roof Inns have been good to me & my wife. Red Roof in Erie, PA actually stored our guns for us for a couple of days, so we coould go to Niagara Falls (NY & Canada)!

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have a Hilton Honors membership, travel a decent amount, and always try to stay at a Hilton owned hotel to earn "rewards." Usually get a couple free nights a year. Never even thought to ask before, but have taken a gun to every Hilton owned hotel I have stayed in except Illinois...

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sounds like some corporate line of BS.

The hotels I've worked in have been branded under Intercontinental Hotels Group (Holiday Inn) and I've never come across a brand-wide "no firearms" policy.

If you want nation-wide discounted rates use my Friends and Family rate: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/42367-need_a_hotel_use_my_discount.html

Or if you ever need to stay on the southside of Indy hit me up on PM and come stay at my hotel.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    As a commercial pilot I stay at a lot of Coutnry INN and Suites hotels. They have one in Springfield that hosts gun related courses and I even rented one of the halls to teach an NRA Basic Pistol Course in Minnesota last year!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Unless there is an actual law involved, (and sometimes even if there is) I just can't bring myself to ask permission of anyone to exercise my God given rights.

Top Bottom