• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I know I know. However, I was at the last gun show and just couldn't find what I was looking for and saw the 9mm carbine.
    I've been wanting a 9mm carbine (for whatever reason) and found a decently priced KelTec but it was 40cal and I would rather go 9mm for the sake of ammo.

So now that the HiPoint 9mm Carbines have been out for a good length of time, what say you all (those that have them or shot them). I'm not interested in comments from those that really haven't. I already have a poor opinion of the pistols they have (having seen a failure on the range).

Just curious if I should have snagged the one I saw.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    The one I had was very reliable and accurate out to 100 yrds. Never experienced any form of failure.
    The only negative it had going for it was it's looks, other than that, buy and shoot with confidence. Regardless of who originally purchased it, Hi_point will warranty it for life.

The Hi-Point Warranty

All Hi-Point firearms carry a lifetime, "no-questions asked warranty." Whether you are the original purchaser, or the third-hand owner, your Hi-Point firearm will be repaired free of charge.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have one, junked the stock in favor of an ATI. Not a bad little gun. I have a red dot on it now but might go back to the sights, kids never turn the thing off. Reliable and accurate enough that i wouldn't want anyone shooting it at me.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I used to have a Hi-Point 995, great carbine and shooter, did'nt like the factory stock so I switched it out for an ATI one. Always went bang when I pulled the trigger.

I just wanted a carbine format that allowed a higher capacity, so I sold it and bought a Just Right carbine.

Sometimes I wish I had kept the Hi-Point 995 also, but needed the money to buy the JR.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    They function fine. Other than the fact they're made by Hi-Point, the low capacity magazine is a deal breaker for me. I much prefer the Kel-Tec since I can A) fold it, and B) Glock mag compatible. I sold those though, and built a 9mm AR. SOOOOOOO much nicer, but also a money pit. I also really like the Beretta carbines.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I have one and 3 friends have them....no problems from any of us at all. I have about 1500 rounds through mine with no issues at all. I would buy another one in a heart beat.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    They function fine. Other than the fact they're made by Hi-Point, the low capacity magazine is a deal breaker for me. I much prefer the Kel-Tec since I can A) fold it, and B) Glock mag compatible. I sold those though, and built a 9mm AR. SOOOOOOO much nicer, but also a money pit. I also really like the Beretta carbines.

Seen too many people complain about the AR 9mm format problems.

With my JR I can buy a carbine conversion kit and swap it to either a .40 or .45, configurable to use left or right handed and also uses Glock mags and others.

I'll planing on buying another 9mm barrel and going the SBR/Suppressor host route.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

I would love the Beretta carbine but they are high $$$, Kel tec sounds good to me but can't hardly find one and I'm not super pumped about the feel.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I got a 995, it's fun to shoot. Never had a mis-fire or jam.. My 2 boys really enjoy shooting it as well.

HP995a.jpg

Top Bottom