• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Call me a Debbie downer, but I'm not a big fan of a Constitutional Convention given the political proclivities of so many these days. What guarantee is there, when it's open season on new amendments, that your 2d amendment rights, your 4th, 5th and 6th amendment rights...and anything else won't be affected?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Call me a Debbie downer, but I'm not a big fan of a Constitutional Convention given the political proclivities of so many these days. What guarantee is there, when it's open season on new amendments, that your 2d amendment rights, your 4th, 5th and 6th amendment rights...and anything else won't be affected?

I share your concern. However many of those agitating for one claim that since the delegates are sent by the states, the states can direct them which issues to "tinker" with and which to not. After that, whatever results from the concon, still must be ratified by 2/3? of the states...what are the odds of getting that to happen unless there was some general agreement before hand on what would be hammered out.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I share your concern. However many of those agitating for one claim that since the delegates are sent by the states, the states can direct them which issues to "tinker" with and which to not. After that, whatever results from the concon, still must be ratified by 2/3? of the states...what are the odds of getting that to happen unless there was some general agreement before hand on what would be hammered out.

I agree. What can be done if you sit and try nothing. This puts more control locally into the states hands while having the obstacle of ratification.

Top Bottom