• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Watching the History Channel, doing a special on M16's. They just did a piece on the HK416, Holy Holy Holy crap I want one.

Holy crap....did I mention I wanted one? Dang....:D:yesway::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Why? What's so cool about it?

I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to know. I don't know anything about them. All I know is that LaRue makes a special mount for Aimpoints for the 416 because the top rail is not the same as ARs.

Anyone wanna fill me in?

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    they're piston driven meaning all the gasses are used up and release out the front near the muzzle. Very little if any gasses are in contact with the bolt. They were showing a guy firing rapid fire mag after mag, then he removed the bolt and handed to his assistant. Due to the gasses not heating up the bolt, its cold or cool to the touch.

They also tortured the weapon, burying it in sand, wet mud and submersing it in water. Picked it up out of the muck and fired it without failure.

I like the reliability it apparently has and the looks.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here's the poster I was referring to:

LT659_Differences.jpg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Great for you if you aren't.

I am on the short end of the stick however. Heck, have you looked into the ACR as well? Those are sweet too. I'll never see one.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    guess I dig new clothes then :D

All this rambling is just IMHO, if you don't agree that's cool...it just hit me as "Wow I want" :D

it's cool for sure but if I want a piston gun(which I have but that's neither here nor there) I won't buy from H&K, there are many companies more non government buying I.E. me friendly. H&K likes to act like they reinvented the wheel.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    not sure if youre aware, but theres also a hk417 that fires 7.62. thats the one im really geeked about. that or a scar heavy would probably be my dream gun.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yea. Those might never hit the market. I have been waiting for those two for the last year. Release dates constantly get pushed back.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey Roger B...it's Roger G in Martinsville

Rog,

It has to be you...New Palestine and all. Gotta get together and go shooting at the club. I laid off for about 18 months after resigning the treasurer, membership, secretary role...which drove me to drink. But now I'm getting back into it and enjoying it immensly. Almost exclusively shooting .22 now as I like to shoot a lot and the big stuff is like putting gold downrange. Been converting my collection from big to small bore and loving the process. Made some very good money selling off the big stuff via Gunbroker.com and bought some small stuff. Yet kept enough big stuff and ammo for social purposes.

Seriously, give me a toot next time you plan to go shooting and want company.

Rog

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    More and more manufacture's are making these piston conversions for the AR's. They arn't cheap that is for sure! It makes sense to combine the reliability of an AK into the looks and customizable options of an AR.

Top Bottom