Built by Investment Grade Firearms on SW reciever with RCM barrel
    SANY2029.jpg
    :ar15:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Very nice. I am buying a V53 pistol from a fellow hoosier in a few weeks and the A3 stock and form 1 are already in the plans for it.

Would you mind sharing the approximate cost of an IGF built HK53? Thanks

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Very nice. I am buying a V53 pistol from a fellow hoosier in a few weeks and the A3 stock and form 1 are already in the plans for it.

Would you mind sharing the approximate cost of an IGF built HK53? Thanks

$1200 just for the build
    $200 for reciever
    $200 RCM barrel
    $300 parts kit
    $150 for US made Hammer, trigger,semi auto sear, flash hider, & cocking tube
    $200 Stamp
    $200 A3 stock
    Cotters builds are deffinetly one of the best around!! It is an absolute beatiful firearm, however if i had it to do all over again id just buy a Vector 53p, US parts & A3 stock :dunno:
    Dont get me wrong, Its a bad Mamba Jamba..... Just too much $$$$$$$$$$$
    Oh well, live & learn :ar15:

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    $1200 just for the build
    $200 for reciever
    $200 RCM barrel
    $300 parts kit
    $150 for US made Hammer, trigger,semi auto sear, flash hider, & cocking tube
    $200 Stamp
    $200 A3 stock
    Cotters builds are deffinetly one of the best around!! It is an absolute beatiful firearm, however if i had it to do all over again id just buy a Vector 53p, US parts & A3 stock :dunno:
    Dont get me wrong, Its a bad Mamba Jamba..... Just too much $$$$$$$$$$$
    Oh well, live & learn :ar15:

Thank you being so specific. I heard good news about the IGF builds. But 1200 is also on the pricey side. The V53 is definitely cheaper to SBR. I heard good things about the Vectors but the only one I ever fondled myself was Rotortalker's 53 at NFA day. On the V53, I don't think you need to worry about the parts since most of them are already US manufacturer and all you need to do is replace the butt cap with the stock and pay the tax.

I'd rep you again for the detailed break down but it need to spread some love around first ;)

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Thank you being so specific. I heard good news about the IGF builds. But 1200 is also on the pricey side. The V53 is definitely cheaper to SBR. I heard good things about the Vectors but the only one I ever fondled myself was Rotortalker's 53 at NFA day. On the V53, I don't think you need to worry about the parts since most of them are already US manufacturer and all you need to do is replace the butt cap with the stock and pay the tax.

I'd rep you again for the detailed break down but it need to spread some love around first ;)
    Rite on
    I wouldnt hesitate on getting a Vector made clone. I have A V53 & V51 both are fantabulous firearms :ar15:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    This thread got me looking at the V53's this weekend at the 1500.

I found a new one in Michigan that should be here Wednesday.:D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Cool, thier addictive !!!!! What were they going for at the show ? Did you get a pistol or rifle ?

I only saw 2 of the V53's one was painted desert brown and was 1600.00 the other one was used and he wanted 1700.00 for it. The one I found in Michigan is new in the box for 1500.00 shipped to me. All three are in rifle form.

My Coharie in 40 cal is in pistol form until the stamp gets back. Its unreliable at best as a pistol. Put a stock on it and it runs like a champ.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I only saw 2 of the V53's one was painted desert brown and was 1600.00 the other one was used and he wanted 1700.00 for it. The one I found in Michigan is new in the box for 1500.00 shipped to me. All three are in rifle form.

My Coharie in 40 cal is in pistol form until the stamp gets back. Its unreliable at best as a pistol. Put a stock on it and it runs like a champ.
    I have a V53 with the 8in barrel extension with the cross drilled holes, it is one of my favorite toys, & is suprisingly accurate not to mention makes a really cool fireball:ar15:

alpinebs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Can anyone speak to the legality of converting/building an HK53 PISTOL (with a butt plate not a stock) in Indiana. Do the measurements fall under that of a pistol and would you need to re-register the receiver as a pistol??? Thx.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    To build a pistol, one has to start with a virgin receiver (i.e. one that has never been built into a rifle) and then build a gun w/o a stock (would be a SBR if you made a short barrel rifle out of a former rifle) or for-grip (would be an AOW if added to a pistol). Vector has for years sold a V53P which is the pistol version of the their version of the HK53. Myself have a couple that use for hosts with a registered sear for the HK 90's series host gun (i.e. once the sear is in, you can add a stock legally, for as long as the sear is installed).

What are you looking for the pistol version for? Depending on schedule might be able to arrange range time ;-)

Top Bottom