• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jk294

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    Norhewest Indiana
    So, HK officially announced that they are bringing back the MP5 variant to the civilian market as the SP5K with a msrp of about 2700. They are supposed to be showcasing it at the upcoming NRA show (sometime within the next week or two).

So, what is the general consensus on this? I think it's a stepping stone for bigger and better things. But the price is at least 500 too high in my opinion to be competitive with MKE or POF.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    So, HK officially announced that they are bringing back the MP5 variant to the civilian market as the SP5K with a msrp of about 2700. They are supposed to be showcasing it at the upcoming NRA show (sometime within the next week or two).

So, what is the general consensus on this? I think it's a stepping stone for bigger and better things. But the price is at least 500 too high in my opinion to be competitive with MKE or POF.

Being a fan of all things HK, I'm pretty stoked about this. However, I'll agree that their MSRP is definitely too high. If they really want to compete in the civilian market, I think they need to continue the trend of how they priced the VP9/VP40 and P30SK. I think a realistic street price needs to be in the $1800-ish price point if the want to compete with other 9mm variant manufacturers (Sig specifically).

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I will be going in for one simply because hk mp5 and 94 and sp89 guns were in so many movies when i grew up and they went crazy after bush sr. and his assault weapons/import ban drove the price to the moon when i was only 13 so yes I am gonna try for one if they bring them back to our market.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am excited for them to come to market in hopes that they will help lower the price of what we have now... I'm wanting to build one more than buy one because I shoot long guns lefty and want one that is more "friendly" to me :cool:

jk294

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    Norhewest Indiana
    If you don't reload, I found that when installing a optics mount and moving it closer to the ejection port, it acts as a port buffer and sends the casings more forward. It does one heck of a job on the casings though. On 5.56 and .308, it darn near bends the casing and throws them almost a good 25yrds+ yards. Not too sure about pistol calibers though.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    While those are good, people want that HK stamped on the side of it. Also, the HK will hold it's value better than the Turkish ones.

They are stamped.... by HK's machines in Turkey. :): And are licensed clones so they are MP5s. Just not labeled HK. In fact I wonder if HK is importing "real" German made MP5s or if they will contract out to one of their licensed makers (like MKE) to build the guns for them and stamp them "HK". Seems likely as Germany has some ridiculously strict export laws regarding firearms and MKE already has the trade deal with the US going on through Zenith. So..... is it really a German MP5 or a HK branded and $1000+ MKE that coming our way? Or a US made MP5 clone coming from HKUSA?

Also only one model? I want the full sized MP5. And the MKE comes with a way better package.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    They are stamped.... by HK's machines in Turkey. :): And are licensed clones so they are MP5s. Just not labeled HK. In fact I wonder if HK is importing "real" German made MP5s or if they will contract out to one of their licensed makers (like MKE) to build the guns for them and stamp them "HK". Seems likely as Germany has some ridiculously strict export laws regarding firearms and MKE already has the trade deal with the US going on through Zenith. So..... is it really a German MP5 or a HK branded and $1000+ MKE that coming our way? Or a US made MP5 clone coming from HKUSA?

Also only one model? I want the full sized MP5. And the MKE comes with a way better package.

Yep, I know the MKEs(Zenith) are on HK machines as well as the POFs. The new ones will be from Germany and this has been confirmed already by distributors on other sites. They will not be made in the US as the to get the necessary machinery up and running is uber expensive.
    If you want a full-size MP5 then get this one from POF and SBR it:https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...ipping-rifles/9mm-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The HK NRAAM booth is first on my list for safety inspection tomorrow morning. I'll be looking for this gun for sure.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Saw the two on display and spoke to a rep for a while. Quality appeared to be outstanding. For now though it's only going to come in as a pistol and has a very short 4.5" (I think) barrel with NO threads or 3 lug! WTF! I told him. That's a deal breaker IMO. Swapping an MP5 barrel is not DIY.

Top Bottom