• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I love HK stuff but am leaning towards the Sig. A few people recommended a Beretta 92. Well, that's my current nightstand gun but I don't want to shoot it anymore because this model has become a "collector's item." I could get another 92 but that would be weird.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    i'll take a sig over an HK any day. I've heard good things about CZ but the sigs are much simpler which is unfairly translated to reliability in my mind. i'm going about 7k rounds strong through my 226 with no failures or malfunctions i'll let you know when that changes.
    I'm curious what makes you think that Sigs are simpler than CZs? I own a P229 and a CZ75B clone, and I'd argue that Sigs are every bit as, if not more mechanically complicated than the CZ design.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Just go ahead and get the Sig 226! :ingo:

attachment.php

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have owned the HK Tactical and liked shooting it. I have owned the Beretta 92 and it was good also, although you could leave the deckocker / safety in safe and it would not fire. The military training says to "cycle" the decocker so you don't accidentally forget it's down. Owned a Glock for a short time and got rid of it, weird angle on the grip I could not get use to and I did not like the lack of a safety that was not integrated into the trigger. No handgun I have ever owned or shot has felt as good as my Sig 226. If I had to choose one handgun of any on the market to protect my life, the Sig 226 is it. Simple, no safety to worry about, yet with a double / single action there is not much chance of a unintentional discharge. You grab it and fire, simple. If a round does not go off, you have the option to pull the trigger again if you want to give it a quick second chance to fire before cycling the action, striker fired pistols and single actions MUST be cycled first. I have never had a failure in my sig, and always hit my targets with it. It's good enough for the Navy Seals, and it works fine for me too.

Walt G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hendricks co
    I love how people reply back with other brands, I just picked up a used p30 lem it is a better trigger than my mk25 and 229 and after training a bit I find mag changes are quicker using trigger finger to drop mag

HyenaReview

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Owensboro
    I dont have any personal experience shooting the HK, but from handling them they seem to be nicely made. Most reviews seem to be very positive in regards to the brand in all. I have shot a Sig and I was pleased. I didnt have the chance to fire a large number or cycle different ammunition, but the cheaper brass cycled as expected and the quality was top notch. For price and availability I would slightly favor SIG, but that by no means is saying its superior to the HK.

If I could persuade you away from those 2 models, I highly recommend CZ. I've cycled around 1,000 rounds in mine without a single hitch. The ergonomics of it are in my opinions a step above everything else I've handled. It doesnt have the unnecessary safeties and the trigger is very nice. The steel construction makes the already minimal recoil even less which improves accuracy from my experiences. I would be willing to bet it's just as reliable if not and most likely more reliable than the SIG or HK, yet it's considerably cheaper.

Uglyducky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    PA
    Owned both with thousands of rounds through each. Bottom line is what do YOU shoot better. I love the ergonomics of the HK. I'll never buy another sig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You can't go wrong with either, but why not go with an all metal sig instead of a polymer fame HK for a night stand? I keep my Sig in my nightstand and have had noticeably better sleep and dreams ever since I've kept it there. Coincidence? I think not.

Top Bottom