• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Please be aware that you shouldn't use .380 +P ammo in a Glock 42. Why?

Since the .380 is considered a marginal self-defense round, there has been a long-standing debate about using FMJ (solid) vs. using HP (hollow point) bullets. Unfortunately, .380 FMJs tend to over penetrate, while most .380 HPs tend to under-penetrate. ShootingTheBull410 has done an excellent series of YouTube video's providing detailed analysis of .380 HP rounds. I understand if you aren't enough of an ammo geek to want to view all of the details, but the OP should at least view his "best of" selections.

[video=youtube_share;GNtPHYwcDts]http://youtu.be/GNtPHYwcDts[/video]

The original .380 tests were done in 2013 with a micro pistol, but ShootingTheBull410 did an update for the G42 in 2014 that didn't change the results significantly.

Thanks for the post, very informative.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    welcome to ingo. I have never heard that before and i think its a myth. i geneally shoot fmj for practice and then carry jhp that have proven to be reliable and shoot to point of aim in that particular gun. The only guns i have put a lot of hollowpoint rounds through were my .22lr pistols and rifle and it never hurt anything in thise guns. I think you were given bad info.

Top Bottom