• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    So I came home from hanging out with a few friends and my parents were watching Sara Connor (the new terminator TV show) so I sat down and watched it with them. Towards the end of it one of the girls walks outside a building and is suddenly faceing a bunch of cops in the road, then an undercover cop comes out of the door behind her and pulls up a GLOCK. That's when I heard it, "clicking" hummm I didn't know glocks had hammers? :dunno:

Then after that show ended some Dollhouse show came on as I was getting up the opening scene starts and right away same thing, chick pulls up a Glock, and again "clicking" wow another glock with a hammer :laugh:

So does anyone else notice this happening all the time?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The hammer click on a Glock is a VERY common problem. Just as is multiple slide racks or shot gun pumps.

It always cracks me up with the "good guy" points the gun at the bad guy, then racks. You didn't have one in the chamber? What kind of cop/detective/etc. are you? :(

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Yep, saw a movie the other day where a cop racked his pistol in the car, ran up to the building they were going to storm, and you guessed it, just before kicking in the door, racked it again!

Or the fully automatic weapons that never need to be reloaded (the famous bottomless mag) and never gets hot?!?!?

Or the ten shot six-shooter?!?!?

Or the ones that pull the hammer back to lock, yet the safety is still on?!?!?

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I think I'm going to have to watch an action movie to put me to bed tonight!

Just thought of another one...
    The full auto that keeps firing the firing pin after its empty. "click...click...click" I think Gears of War on that one.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Same thing happens in Bourne Identity movies.

Pull out the Glock from your waist and here comes the hammer-being-cocked sound.

It's sorta like how computers make all kinds of electronic gaggles when they are used in movies are on V.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Same thing happens in Bourne Identity movies.

Pull out the Glock from your waist and here comes the hammer-being-cocked sound.

It's sorta like how computers make all kinds of electronic gaggles when they are used in movies are on V.
    LOL, I'm pretty sure that in one of the Bourne movies he has a Glock, they switch camera angle and its a Sig, then back to the first angle and its a Glock again. Hmmm.... morphing guns?!?!? Or just retarted producers/technical people?

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    What really makes me angry is the gun sounds in the more popular games. COD WaW for example, the 1911 sounds like a .22 in that game. You would think that at $60 a game they would have somewhat realistic gun sounds.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have seem to find that Battlefield games tend fo have a "better" sounding firearms than COD. But they are still both terrible. You would figure when shooting the SAS/ .50 Cal on either game, you would go deaf for a quick second, but no, its like all other sniper rifles on the game.
    BTW xbox 360= Dr Skot
    PS3 = skotyj

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........ Hmmm.... morphing guns?!?!? Or just retarted producers/technical people?

Not a sound issue but I was watching Rambo 2 this weekend and
    of course the bottomless mags but it had a funny AK scene.

There is a part where Rambo and his "asian girlfriend" are riding
    in a boat. They have the camera going back and forth between them
    while they are talking. I was looking at the background AK to the right of
    Rambo it has the top of the gun facing to the right with the cleaning rod
    in place. Cut to the girl and cut back to Rambo and the AK top was facing to
    the left with the cleaning rod missing. Cut back to her. Cut back to Rambo
    and the AK is facing to the right again. I think it did this like 3 times.

I guess he was cleaning it while they were talking?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You're talking about Hollywood. Some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet. The ones who worship guns while at the same time vilifying them. You really expect them to even attempt to get details like that correct?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You're talking about Hollywood. Some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet. The ones who worship guns while at the same time vilifying them. You really expect them to even attempt to get details like that correct?

I surprised they even had it in all the shots. Thats the ONLY
    bad thing about having knowledge about the function or type of gun
    used in the movies. Yes I know the movies are all fake but it
    still bugs the crap out of me when I see something like that because
    I'm watching for more issues from then on out and can't get into the story.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've made this same comment in other similar threads. You notice it with guns because you're so involved with them, but Hollywood does it with EVERYTHING. Try watching The Net or Hackers or (god forbid) Swordfish with a computer person and you'll be able to see that little vein throb in his forehead. I understand that you have to take a little license for the sake of moving the story along, but sometimes you just want to throw a brick at the screen and scream "HIRE ONE FREAKING TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, YOU KNOBS!"

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    This has been going on for a long time, too. Dirty Harry's .44 (shooting light specials, according to Harry, by the way) sounds like a small thermonuclear explosion each time he touches off a round. But hey.....he is Dirty Harry! :):

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Everything on TV is bogus.

If you know anything about the subject being portrayed, you'll wince and groan at everything you see.

I get the same thing when I see women having babies on TV. It's always nonsense. The more detail they go in to - a show like ER for instance - the more nonsensical it is.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I wouldn't be such a big deal, IF they didn't spend millions producing games/movies. I mean newer movies with popular casts cost upwards of 100 million to produce, video games around 10 million to develop. You would think at one some point somebody would do a little research as to what guns sound like and how they operate.

Prime example in video games is CS:S, the default reload animation on the AR-15/M16 the character pulls the forward assist back like it is the charging handle.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I wouldn't be such a big deal, IF they didn't spend millions producing games/movies. I mean newer movies with popular casts cost upwards of 100 million to produce, video games around 10 million to develop. You would think at one some point somebody would do a little research as to what guns sound like and how they operate.

Prime example in video games is CS:S, the default reload animation on the AR-15/M16 the character pulls the forward assist back like it is the charging handle.

When I used to play my PS2 I found a game called "BLACK". It is a really cool shooter game and the weapons are VERY realistic, as are their operation, sound, appearance etc. There was always one standout that pissed me off about it. When firing the M16, the charging handle moved to the rear as if it was attached to the BCG. I could tell they spent a lot of time developing the weapons in that game, so it was rediculous that they overlooked that part.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    When I used to play my PS2 I found a game called "BLACK". It is a really cool shooter game and the weapons are VERY realistic, as are their operation, sound, appearance etc. There was always one standout that pissed me off about it. When firing the M16, the charging handle moved to the rear as if it was attached to the BCG. I could tell they spent a lot of time developing the weapons in that game, so it was rediculous that they overlooked that part.

I liked Black, I agree with you about the guns. My problem with Black was "nothing". I mean Black was not special and very linear, I found myself beating the campaign and putting it on the shelf, I couldn't find a reason to play through it again. However is someone asks me what a FPS game is, I will tell them rent Black. It is the perfect example of a simple, straight forward FPS game.

Top Bottom