• ...and so much more!
  • 10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    All,
    I'd like some conceal carry holster suggestions. I'm left handed, and will be carrying a SIG P250 compact. I'm also big enough that if I'm wearing a holster at the normal (for a lefty) 9 o'clock position, the pistol butt is poking me in the belly while sitting (standing, I'm fine). I've thought of carrying at the 7 o'clock position, but then I worry about ordering the right holster so that the handgun angle would be correct when in the holster, for when I'd reach for the weapon.
    Thoughts? Appreciate any ideas you might have.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    As a righty, I carry between the 4 and 5 o'clock position, which would equate to 7 and 8 o'clock for you. Many CC holsters are set up for these positions, as you can't really effectively conceal something hung directly off your hip at 3 o'clock (or 9 o'clock, as the case may be). Other holsters have adjustable cant angles, so you could consider that as well. As far as brands and holsters, the Milt Sparks VM2 is a winner, as is their Summer Special and Summer Special 2. Many praise the Crossbreed Supertuck, or its competitors like Old Fashioned or Minotaur leather/kydex hybrids.

Get a good belt. Possibly more important than the holster.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    All depends on the comfort level and the amount of $$ you want to spend. As rockhopper stated the very best are the Crossbreed SuperTucks,Old Fashioned or the Minotaur's. I also like the N82 Tactical offer...these will all run you between $50-100....For a very cheap but adequate one I recommend the Nylon IWB holster, it only runs around $15 and is a cheaper one that works well....best of luck.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    As a righty, I carry between the 4 and 5 o'clock position, which would equate to 7 and 8 o'clock for you. Many CC holsters are set up for these positions, as you can't really effectively conceal something hung directly off your hip at 3 o'clock (or 9 o'clock, as the case may be). Other holsters have adjustable cant angles, so you could consider that as well. As far as brands and holsters, the Milt Sparks VM2 is a winner, as is their Summer Special and Summer Special 2. Many praise the Crossbreed Supertuck, or its competitors like Old Fashioned or Minotaur leather/kydex hybrids.

Get a good belt. Possibly more important than the holster.

I'm wondering - would I need to actually get a RH holster, and wear it at my 7 o'clock? I'd like the pistol butt facing towards my left, seems easier to draw that way (to me).

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've seen odder things. The butt of the pistol would likely print something fierce, but no harm in trying. Borrow a righty holster and hang it there to see how it works for you. I admit that I used to carry a 4006 in an Uncle Mikes nylon holster that had a removable spring clip. The idea was that you could use it OWB one way and IWB the other, by removing and reversing the clip. Frankly, doing so was such a PITA that I would just carry it as a cross draw, butt forward on my left side when I open carried. Eventually I found what I use today to be a much better solution, but the cross body draw worked at the time, at least for me.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I've seen odder things. The butt of the pistol would likely print something fierce, but no harm in trying. Borrow a righty holster and hang it there to see how it works for you. I admit that I used to carry a 4006 in an Uncle Mikes nylon holster that had a removable spring clip. The idea was that you could use it OWB one way and IWB the other, by removing and reversing the clip. Frankly, doing so was such a PITA that I would just carry it as a cross draw, butt forward on my left side when I open carried. Eventually I found what I use today to be a much better solution, but the cross body draw worked at the time, at least for me.

Ahhhh that's a good point - the print. Doh! Just seems more natural to me to pull with the butt facing left, instead of right - I'd just have to get used to it though I guess.

I'm not worried about price, either - I'd rather pay now for quality and have it last. I'm that way with everything I buy, pretty much.

Top Bottom