• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I would like to carry a couple of my pistols either IWB or OWB now that i've received my LTCH. I'm a heavy (stocky) guy, about 6 foot and 290 pounds. I'm having trouble finding a comfortable way to carry either my full size pistols (SIG 2022, XD45, Glock 20) or my subcompact M&P. Any suggestions for holsters, etc.?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm a pretty big guy right now and my blade-tech IWB holster works fine for me. What kind of issues are you having with holsters? What have you tried?

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Bigum, I'm a big dude also, and will NOT IWB, for the simple fact of umcomfortable. I really like SOB for comfort or Kidney. It's not all that umcomfortable sitting, Just don't fall on your back.! I found Gould and Goodrich to be pretty nice, on par with some of the bigger manufacturers. Good luck

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I'm also a big guy (6'3", 350 lbs) and I use a Pro Carry HD iwb holster that I got from The Holster Store Home Page for my Firestar M-45. I like it enough that I'm thinking about getting one for my Taurus PT-99. My brother in law has one of their Deep Comfort iwb holsters for his 1911 and he swears by it.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Fenway:

I've tried the nasty holster that came with my XD45, an Uncle Mike's OWB for my SIG 2022, and i have an Uncle Mike Sidekick for my new M&P. The problem is that I can't seem to conceal even the tiny M&P very well, and they are all so uncomfortable. i'm pretty sure I'm going to need a new, heavy duty belt as well. Where can I get info on the Blade Tech?

Roncho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I just received an MTAC Minotaur for my Kahr PM9 last week. Since I'm still getting adjusted to it, I can't comment on the comfort of this holster, but it does seem very well made. I haven't found a comfortable spot for it yet. I'm 5'9" 210lbs with a bit of a paunch, and my pants like to be on my hips. It sounds like alot of guys bigger than me carry IWB without much of a problem. Where do you all carry, 3 or 4 o'clock?

When I carry at 3, I look lopsided when looking from the front, and it seems kinda obvious that I'm carrying...if you look at my belt I'm about 1.5 inches wider on my gun side. If I move it around to 4, it looks a little better but the back of the slide is constantly stuck in my side. Is this pretty much normal for IWB carry and I just have to get used to it, or is there a more comfortable way to do it? I eventually want to get the MTAC parts to carry my G22 with this holster, but if the PM9 is uncomfortable, I don't have a lot of hope for the Glock.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am 6' 280lbs, I carry a Glock G17 in a Comptac Infidel, it is not the most comfortable holster out there, but I like it.

If I desire a more comfortable holster I also have a Comptac paddle holster, as well as, a couple of OWB Blade-tech holsters

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    Hiram:

What do you carry in the MTAC?

Thanks for the link.

I am very pleased with MTAC! I carry a Glock 30 in mine. I am right handed and usually situate it on my right hip or a little forward, so it sets under my arm; for me, this also improves the concealment factor.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    you may consider raven concealment. their holster are wearable IWB or OWB (same holster with acc. loops or hooks). very concealable and comfortable for me. most concealment and comfort issues rise from not adjusting your wardrobe. i weighed more than most guys my height (was 5'8" and 286 now 245) and wasn't real happy about getting bigger pants to wear iwb. get the bigger pants, a quality gunbelt and you should be in business. as it has been said, most recently by rhino, a gun should be comforting, not necessarily comfortable.

Top Bottom