• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just received a Ruger LCP for our anniversary to cover the 20% of the time my M&P compact is still too big. Often when I am more dressed up my clothes do not have a belt or pockets. I do wear pants and a jacket. I do not want to carry in a purse. Is it dumb to carry as an IWB , how does everyone feel about ankle holsters? Hard to get to but still available. Any recs on holsters and carry methods. Thanks

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'd take a look at the Crossbreed and the Remora holsters for IWBing it. I've certainly seen the LCP carried IWB, and keeping it on body beats risking it falling out of your control.

Ankle carry picks up some advantages but comes with some compromise as well, it can be easier access when seated, but you also can't cross legs without risking exposure, and it can be awkward to reach from standing (at least more complex) and you need to take more care with the gun for maintaining it in a ready condition being exposed to much more dust dirt and grime that can foul things up and cause a failure at the worst possible moments.

I'd also take a good look at the Belly bands (there's a few options out there) and the smart carry, easy access when wearing pants, and kind of create the pockets for you while obscuring the gun.

Do your best not to limit your method of carry, every person and every gun changes the equation and it's a matter of trial an error to figure out what method is going to match you up with the gun and maintain the desired level of function and comfort.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    You are my new best friend! I am searching for suggestions on how to carry too. I have an M&P 9c with hip holster but it is too bulky. Just found my Ruger LCP Saturday and looking for carry options, actually started a thread on it yesterday. Had some great feedback from others, my primary preference would be ankle for the LCP to hide the bulk. The only problem I have now is what to do when in a skirt...

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    You are my new best friend! I am searching for suggestions on how to carry too. I have an M&P 9c with hip holster but it is too bulky. Just found my Ruger LCP Saturday and looking for carry options, actually started a thread on it yesterday. Had some great feedback from others, my primary preference would be ankle for the LCP to hide the bulk. The only problem I have now is what to do when in a skirt...

Have you taken a look at faliaphotography's videos on youtube

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk[/ame]
    Thigh holsters
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL5pqn3Eng[/ame]
    The Remora I mentioned earlier
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izM0fiz6kk[/ame]
    The Crossbreed (from a different reviewer)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3oPw1WCYpU[/ame]

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Canav844 ~ That is exactly what I was looking for. Like the Galco Ankle Lite, had wondered about the calf strap but after seeing it I think it will work great. Will do some addt'l research on any secure straps. Very interested in the Crossbreed Mini Tuck -vs- Super Tuck but I think I'm gonna have to get my hands on them to determine which is best. Thank you for all the info.

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is great. Reviewing all the videos now. Thanks everyone. Great info on the extra dirt with the ankle carry, I never thought about that. Fortunately I am shooting at the range at least once very 2 weeks so both of my pistols receive a nice cleaning when complete. Also crossing my legs, That would be a hard habit to break. The belly band may be a good option with my dress suits and place it in a location that I am comfortable with and have easy access. Easier to be "on the ready" in a questionable situation than an ankle. I can't even fake tying a shoe with girl shoes. :).

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood

Looks like we are on the same concealed carry journey. :): Let me know what works for you. I always used to laugh when people had several guns. Now I know why as I now have 2 and am starting to accumulate a drawer of holsters. once you commit to carry every day it gets really easy to justify a purchases after going without a pistol for a day and having that lost security. Murphys law often prevails and bad stuff will invariably happen on the day your in a dress and heals downtown for dinner.

Top Bottom