• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I have access to a shot timer, 11.5inch sbr, 16 inch ar, shoot house, and a shotgun.

Times to clear the house between the SBR and the 16 were so close to identical as to prove meaningless.

Times between the shotgun and the ARs, made me put away that shotgun for good.

If I have to choose between a gun thats already regulated and registered with the federales, and on that isnt, if in my hands there is zero difference in effectiveness?

I will take the carbine, leave the sbr, and mothball the shotgun.

Just my humble opinion.

Out of interest did the shotgun run behind because of reloads and limited ammo? Thanks for the data points.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Where is your home defense weapon at this time ( the .45 or 12 gauge you keep on you for defending against intruders)? According to your scenario, up until a moment or two before the B&E you were sitting unarmed in a house located in a bad area ( we can tell this because when thief-y type folks work in a good neighborhood they don't mask up. It draws attention and nobody there knows them or will likely ID them cause they're not from there!! Now when they work their own hood, they tend to cover up, lest your mama knows their mama...)

So... why again did you decide to go unarmed while you had extremely valuable and potentially dangerous (in a litigious sense) possessions strewn about your kitchen table/workbench?

Your home defense weapon, the one you picked out to be comfortable with while investigating bumps in the night, the one you have trained with ceaselessly until you know it inside out (you do practice with it at every possible opportunity, right ?) the one loaded with your best estimation of the infallible magic bullets, is the weapon you should have responded to this threat with. 2 to the solar plexus and the grand jury returns "no true bill".:twocents:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Where is your home defense weapon at this time...

Even though I'd likely have my handgun on me at the time (and the OP never stated that he didn't have other options), why would I opt for a comparatively puny handgun when I already have a rifle in my hand?

You do practice with your rifle at every possible opportunity, right? :dunno:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Absolutely. And seeing what it does to a target and backstop is one reason I would never willingly choose it to spread lead in the very house where my family is...( who was behind that wall??) Yeah, M-193 may break up in drywall, but then it may not, and if you tank up on 77grns of happiness, all bets are off.
    In the OP's scenario he capped off a 20 rounder at full wood at the perp. Are you telling me that you're such a nitride ninja that every round went COM? No muzzle climb, no thru & thru's, no whistling bounce passes off the doorframe or hinges?
    Or if reality intrudes ( in the form of an M-16A2) and you empty your tripartite-toreador at a writhing,wriggling target ( and it will be moving....if you just stitched him with a couple of 3 round bursts he'll be steppin' and fetchin' like his head was on fire and his ass was catchin') did every bullet stop in flesh?

No, in a confrontation in my own house I'll be well armed with one of the 1911's I train with, know by touch, and understand at a deeply spiritual level. I can move easier, enter or exit an unconventional shooting position quicker, benefit from a more open sight picture, and have a free hand, if I desire, to hold the Surefire light cannon that I'm blinding my opponent with, away from my body. That and the 3 extra mags of Black Talon:rockwoot: should get me through the night (just kidding,really Hornady +P230gr TAP or Winchester PDX-1) .

My point here is you are only as guilty as you look to an incompetent,ethnically biased, Hollywood educated, leftist liberal jury which was hand selected by the skeeziest DA known to man (yours).
    All irresponsible talk of "kick ass, take names later... there's no legal jeopardy... I just shot till the threat ended..etc" just casts all gun owners in a negative light, lowering public regard for us. This is a situation that will not change until we wise up and ALL start to speak and act more conscientiously with regard to how the unenlightened perceive us . When you decided to exercise your right to be armed you took on the burden of also going armed with common sense. You are the gun owner...you are supposed to be trained...you are supposed to be rational, reasonable, prudent...you must be in control of yourself...for you will be held responsible in today's legal climate..and you can't take a bullet back.
    All the criteria for accessing a criminal act refer to what a sane,reasonable, rational, and prudent person would have done in the situation. It doesn't matter what the law says, it only matters whether the grand jury thinks you fit the template for a sane, reasonable,etc. person, and if that doesn't go well you'll soon be in front of the "skeezy" jury and a DA who will bend, twist, staple, fold, and mutilate the truth, until he has the jury, and the public at large, convinced that you are a mouth-breathing, puppy-raping, inbred troglodite puller-offer of flies wings. To them, reasonable people DON'T own machine guns, assault rifles, suppressors, et al, don't call in mortar strikes on intruders, or light them up like Chinese New Year.

Use the weapon you can control. Use the mind you can control. Use the mouth you can control. Put your rounds on target, tuck your kids in, and sleep better knowing you are helping to create a positive image of shooters.

Top Bottom