• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I was hanging out in the back of the house when I noticed two scruffy looking characters in the back yard coming up. One of them was armed with a handgun. I ran up to the bedroom to get my 1911. I fumbled as I grabbed the magazine (loaded, but not inserted). It felt like it took forever. I started wondering whether I needed another magazine, but I didn't have the time to load it. I wished I wished I wished I had another magazine.

In the mean time, I heard a gun shot, and those guys broke through the glass door. I inserted the magazine, racked the slide, and came out of the bedroom to the hallway where I would make my stand in my home defense plan. Anyone coming to me might as well have a bullseye painted on his chest.

Alas, the invaders didn't fall for it. I had to go look for them. I started breathing harder. I realized I was going to be exposed from two directions if I go to the opposite end of the hallway. I wished I wished I wished I had thought of this when I planned my defense. I slowly walked towards the other end...

And then I woke up.

No, it wasn't a real home invasion. I just dreamed about it, but it was a real dream, and it felt very, very real. I could feel my blood pumping. I'm not making it up for this forum. It almost seemed like a dry run to suss out the errors and problems areas in my defense plan. Naturally, like all sane human beings, I hope I'll never have to defend myself, but I suppose my subconscious has to plan for emergencies.

I now have two loaded magazines at the ready, and actually I thought about getting a pistol that has a higher capacity for ammo. Not sure how to modify my home defense plan. The layout isn't going to change. I still have to make my way from the bedroom out through the hallway. This seems like a matter of timing: I have to grab as much "territory" as I can. As I exit the bedroom, I can secure the hallway. I need to beat the invaders to the opposite end, so I can monitor that spot before they get to position where they can fire on it.

Thoughts?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The first suggestion I would make is to have firearms on you instead of in your bedroom.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I've had a few dreams like that. I usually die though, so my plan is to just wake up after getting shot. LOL

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    +1 on having it on you.
    I'm no expert but I've heard more than several professional trainers say that clearing a house with one person is suicide. Even the spec. forces, mil. and police do not attempt it without a minimum number of people (and that isn't even mentioning that that group of people have trained together).
    Depending on a LOT* of factors it is often the best move to find a place to hide and call the cops.

-Is there reason to believe their intention is to get you rather than rob the place?
    -How rural or metro are you (what is the expected response time for leo to arrive?)
    -Do you have family, are they home/ in danger?
    -
    -
    -

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've had dreams where I had a revolver and was frantically looking for ammo. I'd open a drawer and grab a handful of sewing thimbles, pennys, pencils and start cramming them into the chambers. I knew they wouldn't work but it seemed like the right thing to do.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    if you are living somewhere where you feel the need to carry walking around in your own home you are:

A. paranoid and insane, no need discussing that further

B. living in the wrong neighborhood, move already

C. dreaming :) wake up ****er

or

D. all of the above

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    The V.A. stopped ...

... most of the dreams, w/ Thorazine and therapy. But about once a month I still have to use up my quota of charcoal mellowed Old No. 7 in one night. No therapist is perfect. I'm not either. I always have a GLOCK within reach. EBG

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    if you are living somewhere where you feel the need to carry walking around in your own home you are:

or

D. all of the above

My family means much to me, so I do my best to be prepared.

What do you do, Sir? What is your plan?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

or

D. all of the above

um, you obviously live in a utopia

take a look at this:

http://fsblog.s3.amazonaws.com/home-invasion-murders.mp4

I'll keep a weapon within reach thank you!

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood

or

D. all of the above

if you go to a gun forum and tell people who carry a gun that they are paranoid, living in the wrong area, or dreaming you are either

A. An idiot

B. A troll

C. work for Obama?

God I hate ****ing idiots :ar15::ar15::ar15:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010

or

D. all of the above

Unless you're kidding... this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. You dont want firearms to be laying around, but you need them (or one) to be quickly accessible to YOU. I have nothing to be paranoid about, I have a gun. People dont go rob a busted home, they go to the nice neighborhoods to take nicer or more things. As a person who lives between super poor and super rich people, I know.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Umm I think you need to add a cell phone to HD plan. Pick a spot you can defend, stay put and dial 911. Remember never block the exit, most bad guys run when the first shot is fired or they know the cops are on the way.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The protection of your family, yourself, and your property is a personal responsibility.

I know how others in my household and I address that responsibility.

How you choose to address that responsibility is entirely up to you.

I encourage you to make wise decisions.

pax et lux

pax tecum

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    i dont know about the rest of you guys, but if ur paranoid enough to carry in your own house you should consider steel doors and window bars!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    i dont know about the rest of you guys, but if ur paranoid enough to carry in your own house you should consider steel doors and window bars!

My family means much to me, so I do my best to be prepared.

What do you do, Sir? What is your plan?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    my plan is to not make enemies and not flaunt what i have to provoke a home invasion,but if and when it comes to it i expect the worst so i am ready for whatever or whoever makes the mistake of intruding on my sacred ground

Top Bottom