• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    I have just tried my latest version of home made sauerkraut. This time I added a bunch of garlic to the ferment. It was in a crock for a month with clingwrap on top. I just removed it from the crock and put it in Tupperware. The entire house smells like garlic baloney. That's fine by me. I know cabbage affects people differently but with the added garlic (it should be a real gas). Oh my, add a beer or two on top of that. Yikes:D "White Castles in the air" That was an old saying we had about the next day vapors after a binge. Pardon my childish sophomoric humor.

Morgan88

still trying to straighten up da photo. arg!

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I have just tried my latest version of home made sauerkraut. This time I added a bunch of garlic to the ferment. It was in a crock for a month with clingwrap on top. I just removed it from the crock and put it in Tupperware. The entire house smells like garlic baloney. That's fine by me. I know cabbage affects people differently but with the added garlic (it should be a real gas). Oh my, add a beer or two on top of that. Yikes:D "White Castles in the air" That was an old saying we had about the next day vapors after a binge. Pardon my childish sophomoric humor.

Morgan88

still trying to straighten up da photo. arg!
    have you ever used beer I had some a few weeks ago it was labeled artisan, it made for some awesome Reuben's

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Used to live in Fremont, Ohio. We had a sauerkraut plant, a sugar beet plant, a ketchup plant and a horse radish company. A ten minute drive around town would either make you hungry or nauseated.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    As a kid 70+ years ago Dad made sauerkraut in a crock. We also had an out house back then and and our house and the out house smelled the same. Ah the good old days.

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    wcd
    Are you saying using beer to ferment the cabbage instead of brine water? Sounds vewwwwwy intewesting:-D

Morgan88 Remember the saying did it smell like that when you ate it. In this case you can say yes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As a kid 70+ years ago Dad made sauerkraut in a crock. We also had an out house back then and and our house and the out house smelled the same. Ah the good old days.

It was this way on the family farm before they built the new house. It had indoor toilet.....:)

There was always something being made. Cottage cheese was great until you see how its made.

Top Bottom