• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would say that if you believe that, philosophically, then you just might someday find yourself in a situation where you have fewer rights than you would like to think at that moment.

That is not philosophy, that is the law. In order to exercise self-defense, one must be in a place where one has a right to be.

So "aggravated assault" - not attempted murder, not assault with a deadly weapon - and verbal threats are justifiable reasons to kill someone. Got it.

Correct, that is black letter law of self-defense.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    It's hard for me to believe that any LEO that has spent 3 hours with a person like this wouldn't be able to come to the conclusion that he was mentally ill.

im willing to bet they not only knew he was probably ill, but this was definitely not the first time they have had contact with him. People of all types of mental status can cause physical harm/death to others.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    im willing to bet they not only knew he was probably ill, but this was definitely not the first time they have had contact with him. People of all types of mental status can cause physical harm/death to others.

Agreed, but "BOOYAA!" after taking the mentally ill suspect down? Doesn't sound like conduct deserving of wearing a badge.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Aren't you the same guy that pointed a firearm at and threatened to kill a guy in your driveway for simply having his hand in his pocket?
    Actually I am the "same guy" that did the same exact thing a cop would have done if someone were to have their hand INSIDE THEIR coat as if holding on to a weapon. You should consider going back to that original thread and getting your facts straight before spewing shi^ out of your mouth too. And In my driveway when no LEO present....I am the law.

....and what exactly does my past situation have anything to do with this thread? I didnt have to fire a shot. I didnt murder anyone. I didnt act like a 12yr old congradulating my fellow 12yr olds for murdering an obvious man that had problems. I will sleep well tonight and I wont be going straight to hell unlike the murderers I saw in this video. Those cops WANTED action. They were drooling at the very thought of a chance to be able to have a live fire "exercise" and try out their wannabee paramilitary "skills". They probably each have a GI Joe collection New In Package at home and Ill even go as far to say that out of the 3 atleast 2 of their wives believe their husbands to be "total a$$ holes" at home.

Last edited:

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne

I bet they also considered him to be subhuman and felt no remorse killing him. They were waiting for an excuse and you know it. Half of you would've yelled "booya" too. It is disgusting. Glad to see the one lawyer in bed with the cops every time one of their brothers bags himself a live one. Booya!

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Actually I am the "same guy" that did the same exact thing a cop would have done if someone were to have their hand INSIDE THEIR coat as if holding on to a weapon. You should consider going back to that original thread and getting your facts straight before spewing shi^ out of your mouth too. And In my driveway when no LEO present....I am the law.

....and what exactly does my past situation have anything to do with this thread? I didnt have to fire a shot. I didnt murder anyone. I didnt act like a 12yr old congradulating my fellow 12yr olds for murdering an obvious man that had problems. I will sleep well tonight and I wont be going straight to hell unlike the murderers I saw in this video. Those cops WANTED action. They were drooling at the very thought of a chance to be able to have a live fire "exercise" and try out their wannabee paramilitary "skills". They probably each have a GI Joe collection New In Package at home and Ill even go as far to say that out of the 3 atleast 2 of their wives believe their husbands to be "total a$$ holes" at home.

Uh, wow. For one, you sure make quite a few assumptions. I can tell you I have yet to meet an officer who draws his firearm simply because someone has their hands in their pockets. That really doesn't make sense. Using this logic, I guess all winter long officers are constantly drawing their firearms on almost every person they encounter outside? I mean really, a lot of people keep their hands in their pockets when it's cold outside. It really isn't that odd.

You may not have acted like a 12 year old after you pointed a firearm at a man in your driveway for having his hands in his pockets when it was cold outside, I wasn't there so I don't know. However, you did act like a teenage girl when you ran to your computer to post about it on the internet.

Another thing that really has me confused, is what in the world you are talking about with the GI Joe collection. Even more confusing, is what their wives have to do with any of this. What about them is "paramilitary"? The semi-automatic rifles?

Do you know the guys involved, or just hate cops in general and enjoy making crazy assumptions that really make no sense at all? Just curious.

Before you respond about me "spewing sh*t out of your mouth too" like you did the last guy, I really don't care. I am thoroughly enjoying reading your posts. They are awesome.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    I bet they also considered him to be subhuman and felt no remorse killing him. They were waiting for an excuse and you know it. Half of you would've yelled "booya" too. It is disgusting. Glad to see the one lawyer in bed with the cops every time one of their brothers bags himself a live one. Booya!

This place really attracts some interesting people...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I bet they also considered him to be subhuman and felt no remorse killing him.

Why do you think that? The police attempted to talk to him for his misdemeanor for 3 entire hours.

They were waiting for an excuse and you know it.

Boyd's Aggravated Assault upon the officers was not an excuse, it was justification.

Glad to see the one lawyer in bed with the cops every time one of their brothers bags himself a live one. Booya!

Sometimes the cops are guilty, sometimes they are innocent, but cops have the right to self-defense just as anyone else. I want to apply the facts to the law. Doing so in this case it is self-defense as per the law, not Murder as per emotion and political agendas.

If one does not understand the necessary thresholds for deadly force, then I urge education.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    I get what you are doing, really. You do this with a lot of scenarios, you slant it with legalspeak and say that some law, somewhere covers your hero's actions. Legal or not, this was avoidable and disgusting and deep down you can't REALLY be cheering for this people.

You dislike rambone and have this weird desire belittle him on everything he posts (I'm on my phone or I would insert about 30 quotes, it is getting old), and you really enjoy arguing the opposite side of him and using your knowledge of the law to tell him he is wrong, no matter what. Listen to the guy in the video, he tells the cops he is leaving, he tells them he isn't going to hurt them,that he's not a murderer. He pleads for them to keep their word that they won't hurt him and the cop tells him Ok. Then they flashbang him in close range on rocky terrain. He was cooperating. He had made threats, but you can hear him say he had the right to kill them since they were messing with him, he was claiming self defense, even though he was wrong. HE WAS MENTALLY ILL, and they knew it. They handled the ending poorly, I don't care about laws, I care about life. If you don't, then I have no respect for you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    you slant it with legalspeak and say that some law,

Some law? It is the law of self-defense.

Legal or not, this was avoidable and disgusting and deep down you can't REALLY be cheering for this people.

Cheering? I am standing up for the rule of law over the rule of man, which is pushed with emotion, feelings and a political agenda on INGO.

Avoidable? Yes, Boyd could have not committed the felony that ended his life.

He was cooperating

Riiiiight, that's why Boyd committed Aggravated Assault. Nothing says cooperation like dual wielding knives, only on INGO could this felony be cooperation.

I am reminded of the Police Squad episode "don't shoot the gun at me when you are trying to talk".:D

They handled the ending poorly, I don't care about laws, I care about life.

How would you have handled this EDP then? How have you handled EDPs previously?

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Some law? It is the law of self-defense.

Cheering? I am standing up for the rule of law over the rule of man, which is pushed with emotion, feelings and a political agenda on INGO.

Avoidable? Yes, Boyd could have not committed the felony that ended his life.

Riiiiight, that's why Boyd committed Aggravated Assault. Nothing says cooperation likely dual wielding knives, only on INGO could this felony be cooperation.

I am reminded of the Police Squad episode "don't shoot the gun at me when you are trying to talk".:D

How would you have handled this EDP then? How have you handled EDPs previously?
    A good start would have been to not throw the flashbang, which is what sent the whole thing spiraling into the death of this man.

But that was just self-defense, right?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A good start would have been to not throw the flashbang, which is what sent the whole thing spiraling into the death of this man.

But that was just self-defense, right?

The flashbang was attempt to distract him so they could arrest him, it was not self-defense.

Top Bottom