• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I have a question. I have been sitting on it for some time, due to the fact that its a bit morbid (and i apologize for that)

Lets say. Some one kicks down your door gun in hand and is absolutely a threat to you and yours. You have your gun handy, you raise your gun first and fire and strike him with bullets. He is now on the ground bleeding out. Cops show up later. See it was an certainly an act of defense and cart the dead guy off. Now you have a big blood pool in your living room soaking in the carpet. Do the cops tell you of a service you can call to clean it up? or do you jump on the googles to find a brain and blood guy in the cleaning biz?

Sorry for the morbid question

My question is: Can you sue the mope's family for the cleanup/carpet replacement?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    According to the reports I saw, the BG had busted in a portion of the door and had attempted to turn the knob from the inside.

The HO gave several shouts about leaving to the BG before he retrieved his firearm and gave the BG one more chance. The BG had already tried to go to another door of the house to attempt entry there.

The HO struck the BG in the hip with his shot.

Good shoot.

Oh, and I'm a former Yellow Jacket too, however I moved away the summer before my Junior year.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My problem with shooting through the door, is:

What if the bullet strikes a glass pane or wood panel wrong, deflects enough to miss or clip BG, goes on to strike someone in house on other side of street?

You have a hard enough time with the adrenaline, and keeping on target, without cover deflecting a shot.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    This sounds exactly like the story I read last week in the city of Chicago.

Burglar tries to break in wrong home, gets shot in leg by the homeowner, homeowner praised by police that he used restraint and waited til the man was coming in the door. I don't have a link but im sure you can find the story through google.

Top Bottom