• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Looking for bee swarms. It is that time of the season. If you have a swarm or see a swarm, please don't kill the bees they won't hurt you. message me, or text me please: 317 five two 3-5 six 0 seven. I will come and remove for free. In Johnson County (Whiteland and South) Eastern Morgan County, and Northeast Brown County. The picture is what a honey bee swarm looks like.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/longbarrel/ts041112swarm01-large_zpsbmir9xqi.jpg

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ts041112swarm01-large_zpsbmir9xqi.jpg

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I know it sounds like a perv thing to do .... I watched some carpenter bees fighting over a female at the end of my drive today. Then I watched the victor has his way with her. Is there a group for this?:laugh:

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I know it sounds like a perv thing to do .... I watched some carpenter bees fighting over a female at the end of my drive today. Then I watched the victor has his way with her. Is there a group for this?:laugh:

Call long barrel for honey bees. Follow the procedure below for carpenter bees. If you don't know the difference, call a professional.

A well timed swing with a tennis racket is the best way to group carpenter bees. The swing should be smooth but fast. Grouping occurs 18-20 feet down range. Final grouping should be with your foot assembling a large swatted group into a shoe sole size group, terminating with a well placed stomp.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    Call long barrel for honey bees. Follow the procedure below for carpenter bees. If you don't know the difference, call a professional.

A well timed swing with a tennis racket is the best way to group carpenter bees. The swing should be smooth but fast. Grouping occurs 18-20 feet down range. Final grouping should be with your foot assembling a large swatted group into a shoe sole size group, terminating with a well placed stomp.
    Living in a log home means I'm dealing with the carpenter bees on a daily basis. Myself I prefer a cheep lightweight bad mitten racket. A misplaced swing near the gutters can damage like a cheep hollow point. On a good hunting day I will usually have several with their heads stuck in the racket strings. :rofl:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

You need to borrow my two year old... He'll put a hurtin' on a carpenter bee that's been knocked to the ground, he's like a freakin animal! I'm starting to wonder if the boy doesn't have some anger issues!

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Living in a log home means I'm dealing with the carpenter bees on a daily basis. Myself I prefer a cheep lightweight bad mitten racket. A misplaced swing near the gutters can damage like a cheep hollow point. On a good hunting day I will usually have several with their heads stuck in the racket strings. :rofl:

I also live in a log home. I recently purchased carpenter bee traps from a fella on EBay. Search them, you'll find the trap. The trap jar is filling up with the nasty wood munchers. They work. I was informed by another log home owner. Skeptical, now convinced.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I also live in a log home. I recently purchased carpenter bee traps from a fella on EBay. Search them, you'll find the trap. The trap jar is filling up with the nasty wood munchers. They work. I was informed by another log home owner. Skeptical, now convinced.
    Thanks. I'll check into those. They are out by the scadzillions this year.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I sprayed my exposed wood with a bug gaurd stuff that's used as a barrier to keep bugs out of the house. They are still hanging around, but there's a noticeable lack of them. Maybe 4 or 5 flying around versus 20 or 30!

Top Bottom