• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    It is quite obvious the realm of college basketball escapes you......Here is a breakdown of Final 4 participants since 2005 as it relates to the conferences:

ACC-4
    Big Ten-6
    Big 12-2(All Kansas)
    Big East-6
    SEC-5
    C-USA-2
    Pac-10/12-3(All UCLA)
    Other-4 (i.e. Colonial-VCU 1 & George Mason 1; Horizon-Butler 2)

There are the simple facts for you youngun. Please study up some more on your basketball knowledge.

My fault
    I was only counting championships
    22 years - since the 90's started that's far enough for now I think
    ACC = 8
    SEC = 6
    Big East = 4

The Big 12, Pac 10, Mountain West, and Big 10 all have one each.

I do apologize for the inaccuracy. I listed the Big 12 as being relevant. That was a mistake.

Please note above that the Big 10 has not been relevant since Bill Cosby and his sweaters were the #1 show on TV.

Just my 2 cents.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    My fault
    I was only counting championships
    22 years - since the 90's started that's far enough for now I think
    ACC = 8
    SEC = 6
    Big East = 4

The Big 12, Pac 10, Mountain West, and Big 10 all have one each.

I do apologize for the inaccuracy. I listed the Big 12 as being relevant. That was a mistake.

Please note above that the Big 10 has not been relevant since Bill Cosby and his sweaters were the #1 show on TV.

Just my 2 cents.

Once again you are inaccurate.......Pac-10/12 only has one national championship??? How about 2(Arizona-97 & UCLA-95). UNLV in '90 was part of the Big West not the Mountain West(not the same).

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Good call

That puts 4 conferences in front of the Big 10 for producing championships.

Thanks for clearing that up.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Good call

That puts 4 conferences in front of the Big 10 for producing championships.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Still lost I see, eh? Have you ever played any collegiate sports? Participation ribbons don't count either.:): Your lacking in knowledge is quite obvious in this whole topic of discussion. So in essence what you are saying is that a conference is determined based solely on producing championships? If that is the case, then I guess Arkansas is a better program then Michigan, Indiana, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Minnesota. I think not. Ever heard of the ACC-Big Ten challenge? The Big Ten has won it 4 years in a row(yes, this year was a tie but the tiebreaker goes to the reigning conference). Your logic is flawed and just accept the fact that the Big Ten is the best conference hands down this year. I'm a realist and I know the Big Ten isn't the best every year, but to say it is a JV conference well is just asinine on your part.:ingo:

XDJohnnyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    can't wait for tomorrows game...it's gonna go down in B-town...we are gonna tear the house to the ground

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    On a slightly different note, I hear that the SEC is going to change its name to "KDC" - Knuckle-Dragger Conference - and officially become a Triple-A minor league for the NBA. ;)

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    IU-Purdue basketball stopped being interesting when Bobby Knight and Gene Keady stopped being coaches.

It became non-existant and IRRELEVANT when it only became available on the Big 10 Network.

There are only TEN schools in the BIG 10 Conference. Everyone else is a revenue sharing partner that REAL Big 10 fans couldn't care less about.

Top Bottom