• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    In case everybody doesn't know about it, Hornady has a promo all this year that will get you 100 free projectiles if you buy their dies, or 500 if you buy the LNLAP press.

I have bought 2 sets of dies, so I sent away 2 rebate forms, and 2 checks for $6.95, to cover the shipping. I know these rebate deals usually take a while, so I didn't think much of it when the checks cleared my account, and I didn't hear a peep from Hornady.

Fast forward 3 weeks: I got curious, so I looked through the FAQ section on the Get Loaded site, and saw that they are supposed to email you when they start processing your order, (I assume cashing your check would be the dead giveaway for started processing), then another email when your order ships.

I emailed Hornady, to make sure they didn't misread my email address, told them my checks had cleared, but that I never got an email.

They replied the next business day, saying they couldn't find my order in the system, and asked if I had access to the cancelled checks. They said the checks should have a customer number and an order number hand written on the front.

As it happens, my credit union's teller website does post my cancelled checks, so it was easy enough to get those numbers. I forwarded the requested info, and heard back the same afternoon, apologizing for the mix up, and assuring me that my order, (Now with a new order number/customer number), would be back dated to put me back in my rightful place in line.

I received my order processing email promptly thereafter.

I just wanted to post this, in case somebody else doesn't get a confirmation, so they can take appropriate steps without waiting 16 weeks before they say, "WHERE THE HECK ARE MY BULLETS!"

I AM impressed that they had the screwup resolved in less than 2 business days, (I emailed them Friday, they got back to me yesterday afternoon, but I didn't reply until this morning, and it was all resolved by 1 this afternoon!), so +1 for Hornady customer service!

In all reality, I did pretty good! (Assuming they send the bullets) I bought a set of .223 dies from Midway, on clearance, for $25, and am getting a $32 box of .308 projectiles for $7 shipping!
    The other dies were like $45, but will net me another $32 box of .308 projectiles! (Why would I get the $16 .224 projectiles, when I can get $32 .308 projectiles for the same flat shipping fee?!):rockwoot:

...NOW WHERE THE HECK ARE MY BULLETS!...

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    I'm not sure if it would have made a difference for you, but I believe you were supposed to use a money order for the S&H. That's what I did and had no issues.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I'm not sure if it would have made a difference for you, but I believe you were supposed to use a money order for the S&H. That's what I did and had no issues.
    Nope. Says check or money order. If I had sent a money order, I'd be screwed, because there wouldn't be a way for me to view the money order, to get them the order number they asked for! There would be no way for me to re-submit, because even though I sent copies of the receipts, they obviously had to have the original UPC label.

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/promos/2014-GetLoaded-Form.pdf

I'm sure THOUSANDS of people had no issues, but I wrote this in case there is one more guy who DOES have an issue! I'm a pretty strong reader. If it said money order only, that's what I'd have sent!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Glad to hear Hornady took care of you. I've only ever heard about 1 complaint that they didn't fully resolve. In general reloading companies seem to be very customer friendly and work hard to keep our business.

Top Bottom