• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    So, I've been reloading for over 10 years, starting with a Lee Turret press, moving to a Lee Pro 1000, but with my son and I starting to shoot informal IDPA once a week, I'm feeling the need to step up to something more robust and less finicky. After reading all the information I could find, and doing quite a bit of comparison between Dillon 650, 550 and the Lock n Load AP, I finally took the plunge and ordered the Lock n Load last night. It should be here mid next week.

I'm planning on using my existing dies. In addition to the press I ordered shell plates and extra quick change bushings. This afternoon, I realized I also need the through the die powder drop expander inserts, so ordered them as well.

What I'm wondering is if I'm missing anything else to get started with this press.

--Rick

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I put a lock washer on the shell plate screw, not sure why mine had an issue with backing out but that solved it. Took me 2 years before I got the case feeder and I love that device, so I'd put that in your wish list. Haven't done the bullet feed plunge & I don't think I'm going to.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Extra primer pickup tubes. I would get some extra springs (case retainer for the shell plates, and primer shuttle). I use Dillon primer alarms on both my LNL's. Once you get started you will probably want a case feeder.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Not sure where you are located but if you are reasonably close and want to see a LnL in action feel free to contact me. I think the press is a great progressive press - but it does have a few idiosynchancies.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    amboy, That would be sweet to see one in action. I'm in Lafayette but don't mind a reasonable drive to visit. I'll be driving to Shelbyville Sat, and have a couple hours (between 2 and 4) to kill if you are close by and available. Not sure how to get in touch as I can't yet send a PM. I probably can receive them though. I'll check in first thing Sat morning in case you are available and want to send me a quicker comm method.
    --Rick

Last edited:
    Top Bottom