• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I have an older revolver i keep laying around and its starting to show some signs of rust.. Its not terrible, unless you're me. Its driving me nuts to be honest. I have heard in the past that rebluing a firearm will cause it to lose its accuracy? Fact or myth? If myth and I have no worries does anyone know anyone locally that will re blu my old wheeler and do an excellent job?

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Will negatively affect its value if it's, say, an old Colt or Smith; not so much on an inexpensive imported gun. Hard to imagine any effect on accuracy, unless it's disassembled during the process. What kind of revolver we talkin' here?

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    We're talk an H&R .32 s&wl. Its not worth much and its not incredibly accurate, I can get all 6 on the target at 10yds.. Not center of target, but on the paper. So, im not worried about the effect on value. Just dont want the accuracy to worsen any. But I dont want it to rust out either.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    if you dont want it to rust then you have to keep it oiled.

To me, it sounds like you need to get some 0000 steel wool and polish out the rust on the pistol. Then oil it up, and keep it oiled. Lots cheaper than bluing the pistol.

Top Bottom