• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    My mother (73 years old) has carried a gun for years but never had a LTCH until recently. She said that she wanted to be legal just in case. I'd say there are at least a few more out there like her.

I remember when I went to the local PD to apply and every single officer who found out I was there to apply for my LTCH said "That's great, we need more people like you carrying guns!"

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Tell a Senior you might take away one of their rights and they will likely start exercising those rights. Our older generation should be respected for their knowledge and experience. They deserve nothing less.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    My mother (73 years old) has carried a gun for years but never had a LTCH until recently. She said that she wanted to be legal just in case. I'd say there are at least a few more out there like her.

My mother (also 73 years old) just recently applied for her LTCH. She'll soon be a pistol-packing great-grandmother.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

My mother (also 73 years old) just recently applied for her LTCH. She'll soon be a pistol-packing great-grandmother.

A real Granny Oakley. :D

Jim1117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Hmmmm.....I just may qualify for the 'older' people getting handgun permits...I will be 69 in April.
    I have wanted to get a permit for years but on the day of the Sandy Hook shootings I finally knew it was time...got it going online that night. Still waiting on the LTCH permit.
    I have bought 2 handguns since then and looking for a rifle now.

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    I am not so sure this is a positive article. The reporters in the first sentence below basically are saying that folks applying for their LTCH are paranoid. The second sentence lays out Obama's "common sense" gun control wish list. He is obviously smarter than all these paranoid Hoosiers. Obama's statements have then scared all these irrational folks to want to arm themselves before his evil scheme becomes law in the third paragraph.

The article then goes on to talk statistics, supporting the fact that we Hoosiers are irrational, including mom and grandma.

Either I am completely jaded when it comes to the media, very possible, I am paranoid, or I am right. Personally I think it is the latter. :)

Whether its paranoia or people just wanting to be prepared, more and more people are arming themselves lately.

In the wake of the school massacre in Newtown, Conn., President Barack Obama proposed a package that includes banning assault weapons, requiring background checks on all firearms purchases and limiting ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Those proposed changes have resulted in an upsurge of people wanting to arm themselves, officials say.

david76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    If the 83 year old woman in the article just applied for a lifetime license as long as they are taking to get she may not need it. Especially if she went paper insted of L1

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am not so sure this is a positive article. The reporters in the first sentence below basically are saying that folks applying for their LTCH are paranoid. The second sentence lays out Obama's "common sense" gun control wish list. He is obviously smarter than all these paranoid Hoosiers. Obama's statements have then scared all these irrational folks to want to arm themselves before his evil scheme becomes law in the third paragraph.

The article then goes on to talk statistics, supporting the fact that we Hoosiers are irrational, including mom and grandma.

Either I am completely jaded when it comes to the media, very possible, I am paranoid, or I am right. Personally I think it is the latter. :)

Whether its paranoia or people just wanting to be prepared, more and more people are arming themselves lately.

In the wake of the school massacre in Newtown, Conn., President Barack Obama proposed a package that includes banning assault weapons, requiring background checks on all firearms purchases and limiting ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Those proposed changes have resulted in an upsurge of people wanting to arm themselves, officials say.

People should be a little paranoid, with what is going on in our society today. Check out the article posted: On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been slowly introducing the topic to my mother. She is 78. My father passed in June so living alone is a new experience for her. This past weekend there was a double homicide in our little town. She is listening more intently now. It's still a work in progress.

FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    My take was that this was a relatively neutral/ positive article. it's nice to see that those more often targeted by criminals (women and elderly folks) are taking steps to protect themselves. I love reading stories about criminals that are unpleasantly surprised by a victim that they thought would be an easy target.

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    My grandparents are in the mid 80's both of them have theirs. I am glad they do without guns they would not have much of a chance of defending themselves against someone trying to do them harm.

Top Bottom