How are the powers that be going to clean up Chicago?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    No need to change a working process as far as the machine is concerned.

Always follow the money

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    -Crack down on corrupt police officers and politicians. Put the cuffs on them.
    -hire new police officers from within the community they will be policing and don't lower the standards for race like happens now. Fact, it does happen now and has been reported on.
    -bring in the national guard to secure some parts of the city and institute a curfew
    -don't vote for a corrupt mayor again

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    -Crack down on corrupt police officers and politicians. Put the cuffs on them.
    -hire new police officers from within the community they will be policing and don't lower the standards for race like happens now. Fact, it does happen now and has been reported on.
    -bring in the national guard to secure some parts of the city and institute a curfew
    -don't vote for a corrupt mayor again
    Hard to hire cops from the neighborhood, who, 1.)Want the job, 2.)can pass a background, 3.) well, you get the point

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hard to hire cops from the neighborhood, who, 1.)Want the job, 2.)can pass a background, 3.) well, you get the point
    Lol true. I guess I should have specified neighborhood as all of Chicago.

Seriously though in neighborhoods where they think it's normal or ok to shoot at cops I think the police should pull out and the soldiers go in. They shoot first ask questions later when people point guns at them.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Seriously though in neighborhoods where they think it's normal or ok to shoot at cops I think the police should pull out and the soldiers go in. They shoot first ask questions later when people point guns at them.
    Wierd, that didn't show up after I posted it for several minutes? I may be being prematurely censored?:dunno:

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

I'm down, I could probably talk some NG unit into letting me finish my 20?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Name me someone in power in Chicago that has a vested interest in changing it? They will continue to double down on The Chicago Way until it becomes Gary or Detroit. I think it will happen but it is still decades away.

I think the bottom will begin to fall out when white middle class people who are not bound to live in the city flee in larger numbers for better school systems. Now those who can afford it send their kids to private schools. Property taxes in Chicago's residential neighborhoods are actually quite a bit lower than surrounding burbs with good schools. As property taxes rise with the added expense of private schools there will no longer be economic reasons to stay. Couple that with the fear of violence and the migration of people will increase. Those who move into those houses will have lower incomes and be looking for public aid further sucking the city financial well dry.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As big of a factor as street crime is, there are other factors in shutting down a City.

For example, richie boy daley was unwilling to address excessive government spending and increasingly boated payrolls. He started going after manufacturers, who actually employ citizens and taxpayers. Donnelly printers was a large employer that paid well and there was a lighting manufacturer whose name I don't remember, also good jobs. daley was on a big push to increase tax revenues and started publicly pushing these companies to pay more and vilifying them on Television. The companies said that Chicago was already the most expensive environment to do business in, and further costs will make the business unprofitable. He pushed and taxed them even more. Guess what, they closed down the plants, like Wyman Gordon did when the Feds came in and made hiring quotas mandatory. Those were all good jobs where an average loe who was willing to work, could hire in, prove himself, take advantage of company training and end up with a good job with great benefits.

No business can survive street crime on the bottom tier and white collar crime in the government at the same time, unless they are involved in the crime themselves.

The neighborhoods where the companies pulled out are no longer thriving, with well kept homes, stable residents and good citizens. They are now heavily damaged, full of crime, trash and suffering, and the criminals in leadership keep playing the same old tune.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom