How bad is GM doing? Well, guess how much OVER STICKER they are asking for a Camaro

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hubler doesnt seem to understand "free market" if it stared them in the face. BUT, just like the 1500$ Olympic ARs during the Obama scare, some idiot with more money than sense will buy the thing. Chances of that are slimmer though, due to the recession! :D

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I totally agree on free market. Again, I've worked at a dealership.

I just think $10,000 OVER STICKER in this environment sends the wrong signals to everyone. I know, greed is in the wallet of the beholder! :)

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    What is it with the Camaro? Are they only making so many of them?

Have you ever heard of the CAFE law? Yes, production is very restricted because these kind of cars hurt their Corporate Average Fuel Economy.

Not a huge shock, the Camaros are in very limited production right now and are very hot. They are having a hard time making a profit on the economy models that the govt is forcing them into.

Bingo.

The car companies are forced to make a bunch of small, lightweight, underpowered, high-mileage cars that nobody wants in order to comply with CAFE. They generally sell these at cost or even at a loss.

They can only make a relatively small number of large and/or powerful cars. They try to make up their losses on these sales. If you buy a Camaro, congratulations: you're paying for your car, plus a big chunk of three or four little econoboxes that nobody wanted.

Once again, whenever you see something very strange going on, you should always ask yourself "What is the role of the government in these shennanigans?"

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i'd like to chime in and mention that most dealers will mark up the msrp when they add gm accessories. some accessories can be seen, others can't. we just sold our 2nd camaro here at shepherds in rochester. the first one was a base V-6, and the next one is the SS 6 speed automatic. an example of an accessory might be wheels. we put 21 inch custom blacked out wheels on the SS and they cost 1,500 a piece.

now don't get me wrong, hubler might be doing something morally wrong, but with that extra 9,000, how much, in your professional opinion, might be considered add-ons? just thinking outside the box here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    i'd like to chime in and mention that most dealers will mark up the msrp when they add gm accessories. some accessories can be seen, others can't. we just sold our 2nd camaro here at shepherds in rochester. the first one was a base V-6, and the next one is the SS 6 speed automatic. an example of an accessory might be wheels. we put 21 inch custom blacked out wheels on the SS and they cost 1,500 a piece.

now don't get me wrong, hubler might be doing something morally wrong, but with that extra 9,000, how much, in your professional opinion, might be considered add-ons? just thinking outside the box here.

It says nothing about additional accessories, yes base price on most thing is
    the stripped version, heck some trucks don't even come with a rear bumper as
    standard and have it tacked on as a option.
    The stickers says "fair market adjustment" nothing about pimped out wheels
    or dvd players, tint, leather, etc, etc, etc.

Not just because "Well SOMEBODY somewhere will pay more so you should too if you want to be in this glorious, perfect CAMARO!"

I've always bought GM (in the past) I had a Camaro. I will not be buying another.

Ford my get my next vote but more likely Toyota or Honda, at least a lot
    of their products are made IN America. I can't say the same for GM (mexico/canada) don't get my $$$$$.

EDIT: Just did a little more searching and found out that this practice is more widespread
    than just Hubler and it is a bogus add on due to demand. One guy had one on order and
    had a down payment on one with a copy of the invoice.
    They tried to add on an extra $5000.00 after the fact to try this!!!!!! He told them to shove it
    and give back his deposit and they took off the extra $$$.

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was the guy that added the fabric protection and paint protection to cars when I worked in high school.

Wax and scotchguard from a can. = $1,000 ?????

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm personally holding out for my Obama-issued Chevy volt in 2011. Given that it is supposed to hit the streets about the time his reelection campaign heats up, I suspect these will just be given away as part of the 9th addition to the original stimulus package.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    RE: guess how much OVER STICKER they are asking for a Cam

GM is not asking for any amount over sticker. Hubler Chevorolet is. GM gets the same amount of revenue no matter what the consumer pays for it.

If you do not want to pay dealer mark-up, then shop at a different dealer. If all dealers are marking them up, then wait until demand subsides.

But do not blame GM for the actions of their dealers. GM does not control them.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would argue that since GM just cut dealers, and they had to be aware of each dealer's MO (modus operandi) that they are in fact giving their blessing to Hubler and thus their actions.

I'll email Bob Lutz.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am not forgetting anything.
    I worked at a dealership. A GM dealership.

What GM did have control over RECENTLY was which GM dealers were kept and which were cut loose. They likley KNOW that this dealer is doing this. So, why would we (Government owns GM for all intents) keep a bad apple?

Top Bottom