How can a group targeted by this administration push to support it policies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This makes NO sense to me. The Catholic church has been targeted by this administration, as have Christians, making them go against their faith and religious teachings regarding abortion and contraception in favor of serving the government. Now, they are planning a coordinated effort to lobby their parishioners and Congress to push amnesty for illegal aliens? I am confused. Unless Catholic church leadership also has some reason for wanting this country and our society destroyed.

Coming to a Church Near You: Catholic Officials Will Be Pushing Amnesty For Illegal Aliens // Mr. Conservative

:n00b:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    This isn't a theological discussion, it's a political discussion. The "entity" just happens to be a religious org.

And to answer the OP, follow the money.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's the CATHOLIC church. A very large percentage of the illegal immigrants from down south are CATHOLIC, and they go to church. That means money when the collection basket goes around.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Um, since when did the vatican not agree with everything this administration has done?

Don't remember when the vatican was demanding we repeal our second amendment?

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Hypocrisy and religion? Say it ain't so. They go together like PB&J

I don't see where this is hypocrisy on the part of the Catholics. Nor is it necessarily about money. The Catholic Church, theoretically, wants the best for its people. Better for them if they can stay here. While the Catholic Church may not be actively trying to destroy the country, they have different views of what is important in this life.

I'm not Catholic (disclaimer) but I don't have any trouble seeing this as a legitimate point of view for a religion that stands to improve the lot of millions of members. These people are here anyway, they aren't going anywhere. We should be looking for solutions that don't involve returning EVERY illegal across the border.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    What could possibly go wrong with importing a whole voting block that has received a dodge from being held accountable for breaking immigration law?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Catholic Church isn't the only one that supports open borders, amnesty, etc. It seems there are many in the D's, R's, and LP that are all for this. If memory serves me correctly, the Catholic Church also supports other not-so-necessarily-constitutional programs like public welfare.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Corruption always follows the corrupt. the catholic church and most of its history is nothing but corruption. Dude, you can pay for you sins to be forgiven? You can pay to get your loved ones out of purgatory?? The catholic church is nothing more than a money scheme preying on the weak. I remember my grandparents having parties and the priest was at the house drinking and smoking. you go to mass, go home, go to confession, go home, do what you want. They pray to a dead person(mary)!!! remember what we left in england?? the corrupt are one in the same.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    Corruption always follows the corrupt. the catholic church and most of its history is nothing but corruption. Dude, you can pay for you sins to be forgiven? You can pay to get your loved ones out of purgatory?? The catholic church is nothing more than a money scheme preying on the weak. I remember my grandparents having parties and the priest was at the house drinking and smoking. you go to mass, go home, go to confession, go home, do what you want. They pray to a dead person(mary)!!! remember what we left in england?? the corrupt are one in the same.
    That's the truth.

Top Bottom