• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I played football and yeah...football isn't that much harder hitting than rugby. The pads make a huge difference in football. Gotta love that big hit sound in football. No helmets in rugby lead to less leading with the head so there aren't as many serious injuries but I'd bet that if you gave pro rugby and football players time to get use to the other sport...rugby players would end up winning both games.

Then why would rugby players take THAT big of a pay cut to play rugby instead of making millions and millions in the NFL?

For the love of the game? No effing way.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Then why would rugby players take THAT big of a pay cut to play rugby instead of making millions and millions in the NFL?

For the love of the game? No effing way.

Quite possibly because they didn't grow up playing American football and don't really know the game. There are quite a few rugby converts in the NFL, many of the Pacific Islanders (not including Hawaiians) did NOT grow up playing football or started playing later in high school. Their size and athletic ability got them the opportunity to make millions.

They aren't taking any sort of pay cut if they've NEVER played the game. That would be like saying I'm taking a pay cut by not being one of the top brain surgeons in the world and working in a Wal-mart Mcdonald's and being 2nd in charge of the fries. If they never played the sport and didn't have the opportunity, they didn't take a pay cut.

And maybe they're playing for the love of the short shorts?

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As I watched those videos I kept thinking of the NE Patriots defensive lineman getting "hurt" while playing the Colts over the years. Funny how it was always towards the end of the game and Colts were driving or at the Pats goal line. Luckily, though those nice Patriots players were always A-ok as soon as they came back in a play later....:rolleyes::cool:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It's soccer. It's for the sissies anyway. It was only introduced into the Fort Wayne Community Schools in the 1960s because the mommies were afraid their precious little darlings would get hurt playing football with the boys. Those who do not have the guts to play football, play soccer.

Agreed, the soccer girly men are physically fit, but their best plays were just put on display in the videos above. They belong right up there with those fantastic athletes who dance ballet, they just need to add the tights to the uniforms.

Real men play football, rugby or hockey. Ballet and soccer just do not cut it.

Oh boy, that is my second one today! Helmet is is on, but I better find that flame resistant suit fast!! :):

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's soccer. It's for the sissies anyway. It was only introduced into the Fort Wayne Community Schools in the 1960s because the mommies were afraid their precious little darlings would get hurt playing football with the boys. Those who do not have the guts to play football, play soccer.

Agreed, the soccer girly men are physically fit, but their best plays were just put on display in the videos above. They belong right up there with those fantastic athletes who dance ballet, they just need to add the tights to the uniforms.

Real men play football, rugby or hockey. Ballet and soccer just do not cut it.

Oh boy, that is my second one today! Helmet is is on, but I better find that flame resistant suit fast!! :):

In all fairness, every one of my football uniforms had some pretty tight pants as well.:):

But yes, how anyone can respect a sport that condones that type of behavior is well beyond my train of thought.

I put soccer in the category with womans basketball. A lot of running up and down with a little bit of scoring. :dunno:

If forced to choose, I'd pick women's basketball over men's soccer any day of the week.

Men's soccer = worst of the worst.

Top Bottom