How confident are you in your carry gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Lets see here. If I read it right, the majority of posters are confident in their gun. Be it for reported high reliability or because it was the purchase they made, thus it must be the best. It is believed that their gun will work, no matter what, to solve any self defense problem.

Worded differently, how many people are less than completely confident with their carry gun? I notice a few folks with a backup plan, but not many.

Because you have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, do you ignore an escape plan assuming those will completely solve your problem?

Another already stated it pretty well. The brain should be your first weapon. Firearm would be second. Then after that, I have a couple knives on me, depending on what I am working. Then if all else fails, I have a Leatherman Multitool, and if THAT fails, well, then I know some combatives.

BuckeyeBrad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    THE Ville
    Mine is not completely reliable. At least that's what I tell the wife when I want something new. Then I proceed to carry the same Glock 30 I've been carrying for years

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Had a few shooter-induced (from a too-loose grip/limp-wristing :gheyhi: ) FTFs with my brand new Kimber Desert Warrior II when I first got it, but no issues once I figured out what the cause was. It goes Bang! and puts me in my Happy Place :D each time I pull the trigger...

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've got my XDm 9 that I've never had any issues with over 500 rounds without a single FTF, FTE, etc... I am looking for a good BUG, thought I had found one, but the PF9 is not reliable, and I cannot trust it. Kind of thinking if they release the XDs in 9mm it may a good fit.

Having said that, I trust my XDm, but it is still a machine, so it can fail...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What no CZ love for the EDC?

Ok I guess Ill be that guy.

When I carry its either the CZ P-01 or the Sig P229.

101% they will shoot when needed.

One poster said Glock was the AK of handguns and I imediately thought bc they are clunky, loose, brickish, and ugly. :dunno:

:D

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    My G19 has about 15000 rounds through it, Half were Hornady Critical Defense.
    My Bodyguard .380 has about 1500 (painful) rounds of Hornady Critical Defense through it.
    Those along with my carry set up I trust my life.
    Like most people I could always use more training

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I carried my Beretta 96 while moving money for a living (ATM Work).Friend of mine gave me a box of quality JHP .40 cal.....I hate to admit to being this dumb,but I filled two mags with these,did not test fire,carried for about a week,and when I went to shoot on the farm where I lived,not one of the rounds would fire....

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I carried my Beretta 96 while moving money for a living (ATM Work).Friend of mine gave me a box of quality JHP .40 cal.....I hate to admit to being this dumb,but I filled two mags with these,did not test fire,carried for about a week,and when I went to shoot on the farm where I lived,not one of the rounds would fire....

Wow, was it the rounds? did they fire at all? After all, if someone gave me rounds, I would assume that they would work as well. Glad nothing happened in the mean time. What kind of rounds? Geez. Makes me glad I always test fire before i carry. Granted, its kinda expensive with some self defense rounds, but well worth that piece of mind.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I've never had an issue with my EDC ever. I'm 100% positive that if my life were dependent on it, the gun would protect me. It's a 92fs and I've thought about putting it through some tests to see what all it could take before a malfunction would occur.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The ammo had been given to him by someone else,and the best that we could figure is that they had been in a very humid environment for a period of time and then moved to a very cool place.This was right after that flood that took place in the summer a few years ago...They were Federal HydraShocks I believe...I did learn a valuable lesson.

Top Bottom