• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    :dunno: I think it was pretty self explainatory...

Gun owners have very narrow views of what they agree on or consider right or correct. They tend to attack those of different persuasions then themselves.

Case in point is the whole OC/CC issue.

I guess I'm wondering if you're talking about this thread. I haven't attacked anybody here.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Sorry guido, I just gotta:

Actually you DO have a Right to yell "fire" in a theater.

If there really is a fire then some might say you actually have an OBLIGATION to yell "fire".

If there is no fire and your actions cause injury then you would be held liable criminally & financially for those injuries.

If, OTOH, you yell "fire" & no one moves or even notices then there will be no police coming to arrest you for it as there is no law against yelling "fire" in a theater. To have one would be prior restraint that abridges the freedom to say whatever you want as long as your words cause no direct or inciteful (?) injuries to others & as such would be a violation of the 1A. IOW, your Rights would have been violated.

...as long as it is not a policy of the property owner that you can't yell "fire". If it is then they can simply ask you to leave or call the police on you for trespassing, not for yelling "fire".

Fair enough.....thanks for the technical version.......this is one of things I love about this site. :rockwoot:

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    NDguido, I have to regretfully offer an apology. I saw in a current thread a longtime INGO poster suggest an OC event where a man was told he could not carry his gun. I hang my head in shame that even the suggestion was brought forth.

The rest still stands though ;)

:) I hope I'm not giving the impression that I am against open carry. That is totally not the case. This topic, like many others, stirs up some pretty strong emotion. There are times, though....that I fear open carriers hurt their own cause by being a tad pushy. That's truly my biggest concern.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I guess I'm wondering if you're talking about this thread. I haven't attacked anybody here.

:) I hope I'm not giving the impression that I am against open carry. That is totally not the case. This topic, like many others, stirs up some pretty strong emotion. There are times, though....that I fear open carriers hurt their own cause by being a tad pushy. That's truly my biggest concern.

I guess you need to explain your "Militant OCer" comment from earlier a little better then. Do you have examples? Any screen names or links that I can compare your opinions on what it tkaes to become 'militant' about a method of legal carry?

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    There are times, though... When when I fear CC'ers hurt the cause of all for not being supportive of others.... :popcorn:
    Perhaps.....but the difference is that you all are "re-educating" the great unwashed purely for your own benefit.

I have nothing to gain by what I'm saying. I'm only trying to help you by letting you in on the fact that most people who fear guns are not going to feel better by forced exposure.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I guess you need to explain your "Militant OCer" comment from earlier a little better then. Do you have examples? Any screen names or links that I can compare your opinions on what it tkaes to become 'militant' about a method of legal carry?

You took the militant comment a little too seriously. I only intended to draw a line between somebody like me who might open carry only when I know somebody won't be freaked out by it, and those that are more willing to force themselves into the general public in spite of the reaction.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Perhaps.....but the difference is that you all are "re-educating" the great unwashed purely for your own benefit.

I have nothing to gain by what I'm saying. I'm only trying to help you by letting you in on the fact that most people who fear guns are not going to feel better by forced exposure.

You took the militant comment a little too seriously. I only intended to draw a line between somebody like me who might open carry only when I know somebody won't be freaked out by it, and those that are more willing to force themselves into the general public in spite of the reaction.

I do take things like that seriously. It is fascinating that you charactorize some OCers as "forcing themselves" on the general public and how it may discourage people from embracing their freedom and their Rights, yet you carelessly use liberal shock terminology to describe fellow gun owners and enthusiasts.

In my experience it is those with minor interest or experience with guns that are the greatest obstacle in the path of Freedom. They are the ones that are cautious to "not freak anyone out" and chastise others for exercising different views then themselves. They are the ones that think someone seeing us with a gun or a bumper sticker or buying a 'zombie' product will turn everyone against us and they will come take our guns. They are also the ones that think that their skeet gun and hunting rifle are the only things protected by the 2nd amendment and if they take all those nasty looking military rifles away the gangs will just all go home.

BTW what reaction are you talking about? There are thousands of OCers out there carrying openly in many more places than you realize and there are VERY few negative reactions because of it. I would say that 99% of my interactions are very positive and of the general public there has never been a negative encounter. I'm going on 3 years of OCing every place I can carry.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Perhaps some are OC'ing to re-educate the masses. Myself, not hardly I OC for 2 reasons; first it is a LOT more comfortable for me, and second is the Tactical advantage afforded by OC'ing. I could really give less than two ****s about re-educating anyone, and don't really care about how anyone feels about how I choose to conduct myself in a manner that is legal.

Personally, it has been my experience, that most people don't even notice I am OC'ing a large majority of my interactions with the public.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I do take things like that seriously. It is fascinating that you charactorize some OCers as "forcing themselves" on the general public and how it may discourage people from embracing their freedom and their Rights, yet you carelessly use liberal shock terminology to describe fellow gun owners and enthusiasts.

My comments have nothing to do with "fellow gun owners and enthusiasts." We're all fellow gun owners and enthusiasts. That doesn't mean we're all the same people. I've singled out a very specific group of people that you may not even be a part of. Calling for open carry rallies at businesses that prohibit open carry IS forcing yourself on the general public. If you don't like the terminology, that's too freakin bad. It happens a lot. You yourself have even pointed out a thread on INGO with a poster doing exactly that. I've seen it multiple times here............No, I'm not going to provide links. I know what I've read and if you don't believe me, I don't really care.
    In my experience it is those with minor interest or experience with guns that are the greatest obstacle in the path of Freedom. They are the ones that are cautious to "not freak anyone out" and chastise others for exercising different views then themselves. They are the ones that think someone seeing us with a gun or a bumper sticker or buying a 'zombie' product will turn everyone against us and they will come take our guns. They are also the ones that think that their skeet gun and hunting rifle are the only things protected by the 2nd amendment and if they take all those nasty looking military rifles away the gangs will just all go home.
    Nice soliloquy.......what does it have to do with me?
    BTW what reaction are you talking about? There are thousands of OCers out there carrying openly in many more places than you realize and there are VERY few negative reactions because of it. I would say that 99% of my interactions are very positive and of the general public there has never been a negative encounter. I'm going on 3 years of OCing every place I can carry.

Do you even read the posts on this site? I'm talking about the type of reactions that cause phrases like "5 year old little girl" to become cliche.

Yes, there are a lot of people here that say they rarely get a second look from their guns. There are also a lot of posts here about very negative reactions.............which typically bring out some comments.....let's see, how did you say........"chastising people for exercising different views."

I believe it was on another thread where I stated that I'm 45 years old and in my entire life, I've only seen ONE person open carrying. Maybe I haven't been paying attention....I don't know, and don't care. The point is, that this guy open carried into an AMC Showplace movie theater......a very well known anti-gun theater, and was surprised when he was asked to leave. He intentionally forced himself onto the public in a place where HE WAS NOT WELCOME. Again.....if you don't like that terminology, I do not care.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Perhaps some are OC'ing to re-educate the masses. Myself, not hardly I OC for 2 reasons; first it is a LOT more comfortable for me, and second is the Tactical advantage afforded by OC'ing. I could really give less than two ****s about re-educating anyone, and don't really care about how anyone feels about how I choose to conduct myself in a manner that is legal.

Personally, it has been my experience, that most people don't even notice I am OC'ing a large majority of my interactions with the public.

Fair and honest.....There is nothing here that I disagree with.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    There is a whole world of difference NDguido between "re-educating" the masses and "desensitizing" the masses. Do you grasp the difference?

Shall I ?

One involves engaging the public in a set task to raise them up which can be easily rejected by the students. The latter is quite subversive and totally superior in outcome.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    ...Again.....if you don't like that terminology, I do not care.

Pardon the elipsis, but for not caring you sure are defending your PoV and statements an awful lot.

Regardless, this thread was never intended to be an OC/CC debate, but several people have made it such.

If you would like to voice an opinion on OC/CC, please visit the OC/CC debate thread, as such, my original intent of this thread has since been answered as the establishment has since posted the P66 customer service number, but no "no guns" signage yet.

I do not care if a company is anti-gun or not, it is their property; what I do care about is being told AFTER paying for something (not gas) that I am not welcome due to my sidearm with no posted signage. That is my issue. I feel as if the company stole money from me, or moreso, froma company that actually respects my individual rights, and in turn the safety of their employees.

PLEASE stop the OC/CC debate in here. Any further postings should pertain to the topic at hand.

Thanks!

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    There is a whole world of difference NDguido between "re-educating" the masses and "desensitizing" the masses. Do you grasp the difference?

Shall I ?

One involves engaging the public in a set task to raise them up which can be easily rejected by the students. The latter is quite subversive and totally superior in outcome.

I see both terms used here fairly equally. I get the concept of desensitizing. I am curious about the statistics of how successful it is, but I don't doubt that it is more successful......still, I'd be interested in some numbers.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Pardon the elipsis, but for not caring you sure are defending your PoV and statements an awful lot.

Regardless, this thread was never intended to be an OC/CC debate, but several people have made it such.

If you would like to voice an opinion on OC/CC, please visit the OC/CC debate thread, as such, my original intent of this thread has since been answered as the establishment has since posted the P66 customer service number, but no "no guns" signage yet.

I do not care if a company is anti-gun or not, it is their property; what I do care about is being told AFTER paying for something (not gas) that I am not welcome due to my sidearm with no posted signage. That is my issue. I feel as if the company stole money from me, or moreso, froma company that actually respects my individual rights, and in turn the safety of their employees.

PLEASE stop the OC/CC debate in here. Any further postings should pertain to the topic at hand.

Thanks!

I've only defended the terminology in a single post. Is that alot in your mind? Anyway, I'm not debating open carry. I support it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've only defended the terminology in a single post. Is that alot in your mind? Anyway, I'm not debating open carry. I support it.
    Yeah, yeah. We know. "Devil's Advocate" and all that. :rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you have something in your craw, let's hear it.
    Well if you must know I'm refering to the way you seem to be trashing OC'ers in some of your posts and when somebody calls you on it you claim, "Don't get me wrong, I support OC, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate" and then you go right back at it again.

I'm not looking to turn this into a flame war back and forth i'm just saying thats the way I interpret it.

My apologies to the OP for any post on my part that has strayed from the original intent of this thread. I'm out.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Likewise. I answered my own question shortly after this thread was created, then it was turned into an oc/cc debacle. I then posted the solution to anyone who was caring to read/follow along this far.

If I had the ability I would purge the thread or move certain postings to oc/cc debate and lock it...

End rant/

Brief summation: Phillips 66 on Viking Lane in Huntington is anti-gun. Period.
    The cashier waited until after a transaction to inform me I was not welcome (after taking my money)
    Since then the customer service/satisfaction telephone number has been posted.
    There still is Zero no handguns signage.

Side notes: cashier kid told me to conceal to keep from being hassled if a manager was present
    Company had no problem taking my money THEN telling me that myself and my sidearm weren't welcome.

Take that as you may, but P66 will get no more of my money. This is the ONLY station in town that I have had issues with, actually; the only place, where I have actually been told to disarm, cover, or leave.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom