How do I get my wife more interested in the outdoors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Kids...our kids wanted to go camping...now we can't go enough.

A couple of nice experiences and she won't be able to get enough...you don't know what you're missing until you know what you're missing.

Libertybelle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I never thought I would say this but I agree with "Kittyslayer". Nothing personal, just not my first choice in screen names lol! It's fall now! Have a campfire! You can find shelters at the state parks with fireplaces. The smoke and cool weather keeps the bugs at bay, the wine makes her not care about them anywho, and the toilets help her get accustomed to outdoor urination. As you move along in the process, make a tree pee ski. Women love the tree pee ski. They can do their thing so the mess. You just need a small piece of pvc and some rope. Tie it to a tree, clean feet!

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Ask her what she would do if there ever was a zombie apocalypse... ask her how she would survive.
    Then, get her hooked on watching the "Walking Dead", it's a soap opera with zombies /show on AMC that comes on Sunday nights....

Next, remind her that all of the modern conveniences we enjoy now could be all but gone tomorrow...

That will get her thinking.

It worked for me and my better half:)

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Ask her what she would do if there ever was a zombie apocalypse... ask her how she would survive.
    Then, get her hooked on watching the "Walking Dead", it's a soap opera with zombies /show on AMC that comes on Sunday nights....

Next, remind her that all of the modern conveniences we enjoy now could be all but gone tomorrow...

That will get her thinking.

It worked for me and my better half:)

Haha this is great. My wife started watching the doomsday peppers on netflix with me when it first came out. It did get her thinking, but I think she just considered most of the people on that show to be going overboard.

With the walking dead, she would probably watch more of since its more of a soap opera/drama like you said.
    At the moment my wife is fine with the outdoors but getting her to shoot guns or train with a pistol is like pulling teeth..

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    If my wife doesn't want to do it I don't expect her to. Much like I hate shopping and she doesn't expect me to go do that with her.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    If my wife doesn't want to do it I don't expect her to. Much like I hate shopping and she doesn't expect me to go do that with her.
    I understand to a certain extent and i respect my wife's decisions and hobbies too. But on the other side of things, shoppings not gonna save anyones life, learning to safely handle a ccw just may.. just sayin..

Top Bottom